Page 1 of 2
Does anyone ever have second thoughts about buying high end gear off guitar centers floor not in the box?
sometimes when u tell them thats what u want theyll get you a new one in a box out of the back. id just try it out, see if ur comfortable with it.
Nope, but then again I'm too poor to buy high end gear. If I did have the money I wouldn't be buying from GC, I'd be buying my amps directly from Baron and Splawn & my guitars from a custom shop.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I don’t see why not. If you play an amp loud enough to put any real wear on the tubes your ass is going right out the door, and a real Floyd Rose can take a brutal beating, so I don’t see any worries there.

The low-end stuff is what would worry me more. Who would want a guitar with an Edge III after a hundred teenage boys have gone bonker with it?
as long as you give it a good look-over for scratches and dents etc. you should be ok generally speaking.
Quote by GrisKy
no, guitar center doesn't have any high end gear.

grisky beat me too it.
what high end gear does gc have just laying around unboxed?
unless it's used in which case it won't have a box anyway. I mean you can bring your own box?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I don't really have the money for high end gear, but when I get shit from guitar center I usually prefer the floor model. I know what i'm getting, and you can usually talk them down considerably in terms of price. I'd rather buy something I've personally looked over and know works at a discount than something new out of the box that might have any range of defects.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
judging from the winners that i've seen that have walked into the guitar center near me , i won't recommend buying anything high end off of the guitar center's floor/wall if there is.
Quote by AcousticMirror
grisky beat me too it.
unless it's used in which case it won't have a box anyway. I mean you can bring your own box?

Maybe your GCs don't have any but all the GCs I'v seen have like 10 high end Gibsons
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

my GC's have prs, custom shop fenders, custom shop gibsons etc.

but if i saw one laying on the floor i wouldn't buy it.
^ They're just being goofs. But to them, nothing in GC is really that high end. I never buy from GC unless it's strings or something though, so it's not really an issue for me.

Quote by gregs1020
my GC's have prs, custom shop fenders, custom shop gibsons etc.

but if i saw one laying on the floor i wouldn't buy it.

Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I went in guitar center yesterday and all of the best stuff was high up on the wall including Gibson Customs, Fender Customs, and a $10k PRS. If you wanted to play something high end you had to ask for it. There were various Mesa's on the floor, Dual Recto, Triple Recto and a Mark V tho. The way I see it is, most of the really good stuff is very closely watched and the employees wouldn't let anyone get out of hand with it. Well that's the case at my local GC anyway. I was playing a 61' Reissue SG and the guy that got it for me was watching me like a hawk. Like said before, make sure you thoroughly inspect the gear yourself before making a purchase.
Last edited by CrackTheSkye at Sep 26, 2010,
I'm not that crazy about buying on the floor, but I do anyway. A lot of the times that I have bought off the floor, all I got was the amp and the cord. I didn't get the book or anything that comes with it new, but for the new price.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by wick001
Does anyone ever have second thoughts about buying high end gear off guitar centers floor not in the box?

Id never buy anything off guitar centers floor, most of the guitars at my local GC are badly abused by teenage retards.
If you choose a guitar they will order you a new one in the box no extra charge!
Ive done it a few times.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by CrackTheSkye
I went in guitar center yesterday and all of the best stuff was high up on the wall including Gibson Customs, Fender Customs, and a $10k PRS. If you wanted to play something high end you had to ask for it. There were various Mesa's on the floor, Dual Recto, Triple Recto and a Mark V tho. The way I see it is, most of the really good stuff is very closely watched and the employees wouldn't let anyone get out of hand with it. Well that's the case at my local GC anyway. I was playing a 61' Reissue SG and the guy that got it for me was watching me like a hawk. Like said before, make sure you thoroughly inspect the gear yourself before making a purchase.

They dont give a crap at my gc they just walk in grab a $2000 dollar axe walk up to a dual rec plug in abuse leave when done.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by OliOsbourne
Maybe your GCs don't have any but all the GCs I'v seen have like 10 high end Gibsons

rofl. Fine, I'll give you that. Other then a few dealers that were part of Gibson's old dealer network guitar center is their biggest and primary US dealer.

Quote by wick001
Im talking about mesa boogie amps and cabs

rolfcopter

Quote by slipknot_420
They dont give a crap at my gc they just walk in grab a $2000 dollar axe walk up to a dual rec plug in abuse leave when done.

roflsubmarine
well if something goes wrong with it i'll just return the thing anyways so i dont mind!

IMO i think people are less inclined to plug into a very high end amp if they have no plans on ever getting it...that whole "if i break it im screwed!" thing sometimes might be lingering in their head!

when ever i go to a GC most people are plugged into the designated pedal amp or something cheap on the shelf.
Quote by AcousticMirror
rofl. Fine, I'll give you that. Other then a few dealers that were part of Gibson's old dealer network guitar center is their biggest and primary US dealer.

rolfcopter

roflsubmarine

That last one got me
The highest-end guitar I ever saw in a GC is a lone Private Stock PRS Custom 22 that's been in the glass case for the last 4 years.

There has been no high-end amp in any GC I've been in. The "highest" end amps I've seen were a Dual Rec and a JVM410. I wouldn't consider either "high end," just unnecessarily expensive.
My GC sucks.

My Sam Ash on the other hand... Last time I was in there there were two Buddas and a Dr Z Ma 38 and 15 or whatever the small one is
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by AcousticMirror
grisky beat me too it.

MY GC stocks new SLOs, Diezel VH4 and Einsteins and Marshall Jimi Hendrix amps; not to mention the wall of PRSs, the Custom Shop Gibsons and Fenders and the PRS Dragon I once saw in there years ago for, if I remember correctly - $26,000

But personally, no - I would not buy something off the floor of GC, unless they gave me an insanely good discount. I'd rather buy used from someone who didn't abuse it like the 100 other people in GC did before you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 26, 2010,
Quote by MatrixClaw
MY GC stocks new SLOs, Diezel VH4 and Einsteins and Marshall Jimi Hendrix amps; not to mention the wall of PRSs, the Custom Shop Gibsons and Fenders and the PRS Dragon I once saw in there years ago for, if I remember correctly - $26,000

But personally, no - I would not buy something off the floor of GC, unless they gave me an insanely good discount. I'd rather buy used from someone who didn't abuse it like the 100 other people in GC did before you.

u live in florida. your k-mart stocks ferarris.
Quote by AcousticMirror

Lies. All terrible but I-wish-they-were-true lies.

Iunno. In Miami everyone's just into rap and reggaeton. There's not much demand for cool electric guitars and amps. Took me three days to find a good privately-owned high end music store.
Quote by AcousticMirror

I live in Arizona.

n00b.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by AcousticMirror

Man I am working in the wrong state then!!
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by MatrixClaw

This. Mine has a couple VHTs, a Soldano cab and a Hot Rod, Mesa Road Kings, a Mark V, and a Plexi reissue. Bunch of PRSes and a slew of Gibsons too. Min's GC is small time.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by MatrixClaw
I live in Arizona.

n00b.

you live in Arizona. Your state university stocks playboy models.
Quote by AcousticMirror
you live in Arizona. Your state university stocks playboy models.

True story.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Raijouta
This. Mine has a couple VHTs, a Soldano cab and a Hot Rod, Mesa Road Kings, a Mark V, and a Plexi reissue. Bunch of PRSes and a slew of Gibsons too. Min's GC is small time.

The one in RI is tiny and the one in Attleboro isn't much better.
I heard the boston one is alright but I am surrounded by AxeAsylum, Axepalace, Matts Music, Boston Guitar so it's not a desert.
Yeah, I don't really like my GC compared to the local store which is like two blocks from my house.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??

My local GC(s) really don't have much to look at. I've seen a few Roadsters but in a Used section I found a Diezel (can't remember what it was specifically), and an ENGL Fireball once. That's about it.
Quote by MatrixClaw

You have to wonder how many people flip on both switches on a tube amp and bang away until they get some sound.

The Rosevill guitar centre stocks some cool shit. last time i was there they had a 60's SG jr., a Lenny strat and a MAZ38 in their uber pricey room.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 26, 2010,
Oh and I almost for got. There's an Apple Red MIA Strat from liek '57 that's been sitting in a glass case for 7 years now. Priced at like 25,000 bucks or something similar.
Meh. Austin Vintage Guitars has a bunch of vintage and high end gear lying all over the place and I buy plenty of that shit. Of course you don't really get 14 and 15 year old metal kids with no money banging around in there. You know you're in a cool place when there are rows of vintage Fenders and Marshalls on the floor. The most protected things in that store are the pedals in the glass case.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
There's an EVH strat going for something like $48000 downtown here. It's been there as long as I can remember. There are a couple others well over $20000 and a $19000 Jeff Beck sig as well. I don't think anyone has played any of them though.
I bought my Fendar Hot Rod Deluxe off the floor for $500 new and the amp works great.6 months and going strong.I know this isn't high end gear but still i'm sure hundreds of people played this thing long before I got it and I have no worries.

p.s

for those that say GC doesn't have highend gear.The GC I bought my HRD from had plenty of Mesaboogie stuff.Roadster,Loanstar etc.
Last edited by The Writ at Sep 27, 2010,
Page 1 of 2