So I've been theorizing, people like compressors and boosts because they can add volume, or drive the amp harder, but most of the time, boosts color your tone

is there a boost or compressor (or even an od) that does color your tone AT ALL?

If so, then someone could get a lower output pickup with the tone they like, and with the boost they could acheive maximum versatility

thoughts?

Thanks
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
The Timmy, Dano Transparent OD, Lizard Legs booster, Boss BD2, Analogman KOT, MXR ZW44...

It's not that new of a concept. sorry to bust your million dollar idea
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.

IMO best compressor out there. The blend knob lets you get a totally wet or dry signal with everything in between.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Sep 26, 2010,
Well I knew it wasn't a new idea, but which would you say is best for each sub group of od, boost and comp? And what would be some pros and cons of each?

Thanks
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration