ok i got a new guitar on friday.... the asking price was $100 but i got it for $70 with case... its a fender starcaster,

ok i know this is a cheap guitar, i have other guitars, but just the finish on this was amazing i had to get it.. the action is nice and low on this. neck is smooth and fast, i don't like the tuners, i plan to replace those, and for stock pups they sound great, i think with some new pups and new tuner pegs this can be a great guitar....and like i say the paint finish on this is very very nice and shinny... just the finish alone is worth what i paid..

i give this guitar 8/10
Last edited by Shaggy212 at Sep 26, 2010,
Huge pictures? No, those are pretty decent size..

Anyways, yes, it's a cheapie. Doesn't mean it's bad. It would be a good start for modding and whatnot. You don't have to really worry about messing anything up because it's such a cheap guitar anyways.

So, HNGD, I hope you use it as a building block for modding and whatnot.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Huge pictures? No, those are pretty decent size..

Anyways, yes, it's a cheapie. Doesn't mean it's bad. It would be a good start for modding and whatnot. You don't have to really worry about messing anything up because it's such a cheap guitar anyways.

So, HNGD, I hope you use it as a building block for modding and whatnot.

yes thats my plan i have always wanted to try to mod a guitar but not on my more expensive ones.. and though this would be a good start... and if it comes out ok my daughter can have it. to practice on...
Quote by Shaggy212
yes thats my plan i have always wanted to try to mod a guitar but not on my more expensive ones.. and though this would be a good start... and if it comes out ok my daughter can have it. to practice on...

Yeah I have the same logic, I could never try to mod either my Schecter or my Ibanez, because they were expensive (Well, to me, 18 + no job = Not a lot of money, I think I'm doing well for myself in terms of gear..)

If I ever wanted to get into modding guitars, I'd buy a very cheap guitar first, and risk making mistakes on that, because I wouldn't care that much seeing as it was cheap. I see beginner Squier's and such go for very cheap, like under $50 (USD), and I'm thinking when I'm a little older and have a steady income, I'd really like to take a cheaply made guitar and mod it to hell, and make it my own. I've always been interested in the whole modding process, not just simple stuff like tuners/pickups/whatever, I actually want to learn how everything works on a guitar, internally. The pots, switches, even how wood affects tone and whatever. I want to learn a lot of it.
duuuuude, silverburst strats ftmfw. buy a neck off of warmoth, and upgrade the electronics and you WILL have one awesome guitar.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by jimihendrix6699
duuuuude, silverburst strats ftmfw. buy a neck off of warmoth, and upgrade the electronics and you WILL have one awesome guitar.

i plan on upgrading the electronics first...

@r0ckth3d34n i have never seen one in this color either.. i have searched high and low on google and even fender site no mention of this color... maybe a limited edition or something from starcaster???
JELOUS! Gasing up!
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Definitley switch the tuners, and if not all the pickups at least one of them. I threw a Hot Rails in an old Squier and it's just kind of my nasty-tone,mess around, have fun with guitar now.
starcasters don't say fender or stratocaster on them for a reason. just sayin'.

it is sexy though, i am a huge silverburst fan. congrats on the new guitar.
Quote by gregs1020
starcasters don't say fender or stratocaster on them for a reason. just sayin'.

it is sexy though, i am a huge silverburst fan. congrats on the new guitar.

i was not expecting it to be a top not fender copy or anything...lol..

but must say this guitar sound and plays great since i gave it a set up.... no flaws on it like others have had with fret wires etc... this thing plays nice ...