Anyone around UG know anything about this?

I wanna put a sick-ass system in my new ride but I don't really know what to do.

A friend of mine offered me an Alpine M1000 amp for 150 bucks, which is a kick-ass deal, but I don't know what subs I should hook to it.

I really wanna get two Kicker CompVR 12's in a loaded box that I found on Amazon but they're a little out of my price range with shipping n' everything.

Anyone have any recommendations for subs that won't break the bank? What about my highs? Should I amp my highs or just replace the stock speaks and let my new deck push them?

Thanks in advance for the help, and feel free to post about your system or whatever in this thread.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I can't help you find subs, but I will tell you that if you do amp your stock speakers, they will blow out rather quickly (especially with a 1,000 watt amp) , and if you just add the subs without upping the sound of the others, you probably wont be able to hear anything but bass. I suggest getting tweeters to replace at least 2 of the stock speakers.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by doomded
I can't help you find subs, but I will tell you that if you do amp your stock speakers, they will blow out rather quickly (especially with a 1,000 watt amp) , and if you just add the subs without upping the sound of the others, you probably wont be able to hear anything but bass. I suggest getting tweeters to replace at least 2 of the stock speakers.

I wasn't going to amp my highs with the M1000, I was gonna buy a smaller amp to push them so they could be heard over the bass.

Tweeters sound like a good idea but I'm not even sure what they really do - aren't they just really high-range speakers????

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by TheDefected
Alpine type R 12's
I had those running off of a kicker 1.1000 and shit hit HARD.
Maybe some mtx 7500/8500's

Type R's are the shit (my friend had two 10's) but they're a little outside my price range; 100 bucks a piece just for subs, not to mentioned I'd have to buy a box.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman
Type R's are the shit (my friend had two 10's) but they're a little outside my price range; 100 bucks a piece just for subs, not to mentioned I'd have to buy a box.

I'm assuming...
$200 for subs together, and $100 for a box?
Quote by dudetheman
I wasn't going to amp my highs with the M1000, I was gonna buy a smaller amp to push them so they could be heard over the bass.

Then you might be okay with just amping your stocks. Depends on how strong the amp is and what speakers you have.
Tweeters sound like a good idea but I'm not even sure what they really do - aren't they just really high-range speakers????

They're a lot louder and a good bit less likely to blow out than normal speakers. You probably wont need them if you get the smaller amp.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by doomded
Then you might be okay with just amping your stocks. Depends on how strong the amp is and what speakers you have.

They're a lot louder and a good bit less likely to blow out than normal speakers. You probably wont need them if you get the smaller amp.

I was planning on replacing my stocks with something that can handle a little more power anyway.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by doomded

Buy some component speakers, they seperates the tweeter from the midrange woofer, better bass response and just sounds sooo much better.

EDIT: Subs to look at
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_21349_Kicker_08TS10L72.aspx

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_17748_Rockford_Fosgate_P2D212.aspx

That l7 will blow shit away.
Also, look on your local craigslist, you can get some hella deals on subs there.
Last edited by TheDefected at Sep 26, 2010,
If $100 is out of your price range, then don't buy anything. It's worth keeping the setup you have now instead of having a piece of shit sub that just rattles and ruins your music. Either save up, or leave it alone.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
If $100 is out of your price range, then don't buy anything. It's worth keeping the setup you have now instead of having a piece of shit sub that just rattles and ruins your music. Either save up, or leave it alone.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I think I'll just upgrade to some reeealllyyy nice new speakers and wait on subs for later when I have money for some Alpines or something.

Any suggestions for speakers???

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by AeroRocker

Wrong. Alpine Type S's are great subs for low end budgets.