I am buying a few more Saga guitar kits and I would like to put some translucent colors on them...
Does anyone know where I can find translucent nitrocellulose or another good guitar type of application?

Thanks!
BTW, Saga guitar kits are awesome for a project guitar, and they play excellently with a pretty good tone... and everything is upgradeable... I'm doing a couple more with my son as a father/son project...
Playin' for years...
Burst PRS Custom 24
Orange PRS SE Custom 24
Brown Ibanez AG75
Ivory Ibanez AS73
Blackberry Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Black ESP M-II
White Fender strat
Black "DG" Strat modified
Line6 Spider IV Head and Cab
translucent means that you can still see the grain underneath the coat... After doing quite a bit of reading, I found out that Saga guitar kits aren't really made for translucent coloring... Guess I'll have to stick with solid colors...
What's everybody think?
Playin' for years...
Burst PRS Custom 24
Orange PRS SE Custom 24
Brown Ibanez AG75
Ivory Ibanez AS73
Blackberry Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Black ESP M-II
White Fender strat
Black "DG" Strat modified
Line6 Spider IV Head and Cab
Quote by shwn
translucent means that you can still see the grain underneath the coat...

Both of those show the grain underneath the coat... The first is just purely the guitar wood shown through. The latter shows the grain, but it has been stained red. This gives a red guitar with the grain showing through. Please specify

After doing quite a bit of reading, I found out that Saga guitar kits aren't really made for translucent coloring... Guess I'll have to stick with solid colors... What's everybody think

Why arent they made for translucent colouring? The only reason I can think of is that the wood wouldnt look nice, but every bit of wood is different and also peoples tastes are different. It could just be that generally the woods arent that nice aesthetically, but you may like it. For example, I made a strat out of basswood. I wouldnt have put a clear finish on it, probably not even a stain as it wouldnt have looked right. However, a different strat of mine had a really nice grain, so I did it as a natural finish. Dont commit just yet - get the wood first. If you like the look of the grain and want to see it in a translucent finish i dont see why you shouldnt.
Quote by minnis

Why arent they made for translucent colouring?

The Saga kits are usually 2-5 piece basswood bodies is why haha. Though their LPs and PRS style ones come with flamed tops so those would be fine
Quote by act31
The Saga kits are usually 2-5 piece basswood bodies is why haha.

Look at the wood first, you may be surprised. My strat was a 3 piece basswood, i still natural finished it coz it looked good! The join lines are slightly visible but they were done well, and arent that easy to notice. If the saga looks awful, do it solid colour. If it looks like a nice piece of wood, do a natural if you want.
Quote by shwn
translucent means that you can still see the grain underneath the coat... After doing quite a bit of reading, I found out that Saga guitar kits aren't really made for translucent coloring... Guess I'll have to stick with solid colors...
What's everybody think?

Did you even look at the pics