Heres a checklist of what i want
-24 Frets
-Fixed or Floyd but more preferably floyd
-$350 - $400 (i know its asking too much for that price point )
-I don't really care if its a bolt on as long as i have access to the 24th fret
-I'm not the greatest fan when it comes to body shapes like razorbacks but i like any "original" body shape like a les paul, strat, superstrat, or a V
-High output pickups (Not the greatest fan of "brand" pickups like BC Rich, Jackson Pickups, or ESP pickups but its ok if you suggest a guitar with them )
-I'd really like to stay at the lower side of the price point (there i am again sounding so cheap )
-I don't buy guitars online

Once again, i know I'm being a bit picky on such a low price point, but i'm replacing a guitar that i'm going to sell to a friend for a cheap price (Silvertone SRK1 with matching amp). Please don't suggest an amp because i recently bought the peavey and please don't suggest that i save more because i'm not making that much cash to afford it nowadays

Current Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Silvertone SRK1 (going to sell to friend)
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by SilverRock113 at Sep 26, 2010,
Ibanez RG350DX, I got one not too long ago, just over 400 Canadian. It's pretty nice, it does have stock Ibanez pickups, but they have some pretty good clean tones, and certainly can rock distortion. But it has an Edge III, Which is like Ibanez's version of the Floyd Rose.
It's gonna be hard if you're not buying online but shjould you cave in and go that route, Rondo music has great guitars for amazing prices.

There's always Ibanez or LTD don't forget those. there's so many models and numbers that I hate checking.

There's this new John Petrucci Music Man for $499 at Guitarcenter and it has a floating bridge. It's not a floyd rose, but it can dive bomb and stuff while staying in tune. My friend complained that it was too small but i thought it was fine.

There's also Mikael Akerfeldt's sig guitar for like $600 so if you save up a bit more you could get that...
Quote by COBHC1
save ur money buy a nice guitar

I already have a MIA Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe, i just need a backup want proof?
basically i just want a really want a really good guitar for my price budget
Last edited by SilverRock113 at Sep 26, 2010,
I still say save a bit more for a PRS or just get a guitar from Rondo music....

An Ibanez Xiphos is a good guitar, but are like $800 new. But used they're usually around $500 so that's always an option.....

Not using an online retailer really limits you especially since we don't quite know what music stores are located around you -__-
Quote by Nirvana00125
I still say save a bit more for a PRS or just get a guitar from Rondo music....

An Ibanez Xiphos is a good guitar, but are like $800 new. But used they're usually around $500 so that's always an option.....

Not using an online retailer really limits you especially since we don't quite know what music stores are located around you -__-

theres one guy that sells cheap guitars right across the street from my high school and theres a guitar center which is like a 10-15 minute drive
go for a second hand ibby S.

great trem system with good stock pickups and amazing neck.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
go for a second hand ibby S.

great trem system with good stock pickups and amazing neck.

I agree, Ibbanez s series guitars are great and are affordable. The trems are great although can't change pitch as much as a floyd rose original. The only real complaint is that cheaper amps will sound like trash with a cheaper ibby S.

I really suggest an S series are the new $499 Music Man guitar. That thing is fantastic.
unless you're dying for a floyd I wouldn't recommend getting a new guitar at that price range. Your Gibby will outclass anything in that range and you'll get sick of it in a week.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP