Poll: Where is Sunday in the week?
Poll Options
View poll results: Where is Sunday in the week?
Beginning
54 28%
End
140 72%
Voters: 194.
Page 1 of 2
For me, I always picture it as the end of the week, but I know some friends who think of it as the beginning. I thought it was weird, but who knows, maybe my view is screwed.

Poll coming.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
i work third shift sunday-thursday so... begining. and its technically first day of week so who cares where you put it?
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
End. I'm in school so Monday feels like the beginning.
Quote by tacaco1000
yes, babies tend to become a blue gooey liquid when kept inside a plastic bottle in the dark for a year.
In my mind it is the end of the week, but it always throws me off when i see a weekly calendar that is read monday-sunday instead of sunday-saturday.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Beginning.

When I was in school, it was at the end, because Monday was basically the start of the week.

Now, since I'm not in school, I've somehow made the change to the beginning. Makes more sense to me now.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by ehlert99
i work third shift sunday-thursday so... begining. and its technically first day of week so who cares where you put it?

sunday is the end of the week. hence the name weekEND
definitely the end...its the end of the weekend.

then monday is the beginning of the school/work week
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by guitarsftw
In my mind it is the end of the week, but it always throws me off when i see a weekly calendar that is read monday-sunday instead of sunday-saturday.

+1

thats how it goes with me, too. plus, my work schedule starts on mondays, so my pay is the hours i work from mon-sat. and i school on monday makes me feel like thats the beginning of the week.

another thing, sunday is considered part of the weekEND, right?
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by rickyj
sunday is the end of the week. hence the name weekEND
Friday and Saturday are the weekend.

No one ever says,

"Party at my house one night this weekend."
"What day?"
"Sunday."
"ಠ_ಠ"

Sunday may still be a free day, but the next day is usually business to most people, so Sunday night is very much a weeknight.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
At the start. Otherwise Monday is the beginning of the week, and that just plain sucks.
Monday is a terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Quote by Minderbinder
At the start. Otherwise Monday is the beginning of the week, and that just plain sucks.
Monday is a terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life.

I don't understand...it would be 1/7th of your life regardless of where it is in the week....?
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Here we go to school on sunday and work on sunday and stuff, so I consider it the start of the week, aka the worst day.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
How can sunday be the start of the week?!

CRAZY PEOPLE
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
How can sunday be the start of the week?!

CRAZY PEOPLE

Not everyone lives in christian countries where sunday is the weekend.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I always put monday as the the start and friday as the end of my week.

I spend the weekends in a drunken haze.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Sunday is the first day of the week

/thread
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Look at a calendar, Sunday is the beginning, feels like the end though.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
It makes absolutely no sense to place it at the start. Why the hell would you take the first and last day of the week off? Clearly you take one break at the end, not one at the beginning and one at the end that just happen to be one after the other.
Quote by fallenangel20
Friday and Saturday are the weekend.

No one ever says,

"Party at my house one night this weekend."
"What day?"
"Sunday."
"ಠ_ಠ"

Sunday may still be a free day, but the next day is usually business to most people, so Sunday night is very much a weeknight.

But people always say "I'm going to the opera this weekend" when they are going to the opera on Sunday. Friday is a day that people typically work, therefore it is a weekday.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I don't know what fuckwad decided it went at the beginning; the calendar was first created as some sort of religious thing, and the Bible says that Sunday is the day God finished making the world. So, assuming you believe that stuff and were to make a calendar to represent it, Sunday would "logically" go last.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Saturday is part of the weekEND too.

say all the days in a row.

also, god's day of rest was on Saturday.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 26, 2010,
Sunday is traditionally the first day of the week.

But i think the term 'weekend' is misleading, because we have the first and last days of the week off, not the last two days.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Sunday feels like a bitter beginning.

But I don't get it. Why does sunday feel like the most boring day, when I have to go to work the next day. And Monday turns out not to be boring.

Maybe it's the whole "there's things to do" type thing.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
It's between weeks for me. Monday to Saturday is the week for me, then Sunday is just kinda there.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
the end when i refer to it. but in calendars i see it as the beginning so i guess both
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by guitarsftw

Never thought of that, but I definitely do that too. Sunday's are always depressing for me though.
I'm a professional drunk, so I never know what day it is until I look.

Wednesday feels like the week's beginning to me sometimes.
The day all my ****ing shows come on, bitch.

Definitely the end though
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Not everyone lives in christian countries where sunday is the weekend.

I'm Christian and I consider Sunday to be more so the beginning of the week.

But to answer the question, I consider it neither, it's just sort of there for me, the actual week is Monday - Saturday. Sunday is just in it's own little world outside of the week.

And to all the ones throwing around "weekend", the weekend is the second half of Friday and Saturday. Sunday is just disguised to be a day off.

Sunday is typically a work night just like Tuesday or Thursday.
Page 1 of 2