So it appears that a Mesa Mark is the best amp that gets along with my budget. The question is, what is the difference between the Mesa Mark III and IV? I can get the III for cheaper, but if the IV is more my style then it might be worth it. Also, I heard that the Mark III channels have some shared controls, while the Mark IV controls are mostly independent for each channel. Care to go in depth with that?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

If you like lamb of god youll like mark IVs and Vs since thats what Mark an Willie use.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
The III is a bit more raw, but they are similar sounding amps. The IV is a little more modern sounding, more saturated.
The III has shared EQ controls for the 3 channels, the IV has all independent EQ controls, except for Bass and Mids on the Clean and Crunch channels. The Lead EQ is completely independent from the other channels.
Also keep in mind that there were still options on the Mark III, not all of them will have the Graphic EQ, or reverb, where both are standard on the IV, and there are also Simul-class (15/75 watts) or just 60/100 watt versions too.
Quote by littlephil
The III is a bit more raw, but they are similar sounding amps. The IV is a little more modern sounding, more saturated.
The III has shared EQ controls for the 3 channels, the IV has all independent EQ controls, except for Bass and Mids on the Clean and Crunch channels. The Lead EQ is completely independent from the other channels.
Also keep in mind that there were still options on the Mark III, not all of them will have the Graphic EQ, or reverb, where both are standard on the IV, and there are also Simul-class (15/75 watts) or just 60/100 watt versions too.

You're a hero on these boards
Thanks

Do you think the shared controls will pose a problem when switching between clean/lead?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Read this: http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/dot.html Each 'stripe' or 'dot' version of the Mark is very different and each have their own sub options between them (EQ, simul-class, reverb, etc.)

As far as shared controls it varies tremendously between stripes. I've heard stories of people who had EQ trouble with black stripes, either having a good rhythm or good lead tone, not both - and then buy a blue stripe and cream themselves over it.

Which one you like best will be your personal preference though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??