So, as some of you may know, I had the misfortune of having my brand new 1200 watt Kustom combo amp die on me about 16 hours after I bought it. This was more than a month ago. A couple of weeks after the problem occured I obtind the receipt and took it to an authorized kustom repair shop about 2 hours from where I live. Now, according to the warranty, that is all I should have to do in order to obtain my compensation (fixing my amp). When I take it to the shop the guy tells me they do all their warranty stuff under some other company in Atlanta, and that it might have to be shipped there. Im like, 'Okay, yea, do whatever you have to do". So I leave and about a week later I call asking what was up with my amp. They told me it had to be shipped and that the other company would call once it was being shipped back to the shop. Its been three wekss and Ive called the shop more than once asking what was up with the same response. I have several questions.
1. I transported the amp to the locaion listed under the website as an authorized Kustom repair center. Is there any way that they can try and charge me for the shipping?
2. Does it usually take this long for warranty repairs?
3. What should I do in a case like this?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I got my GK head fixed under warranty and it took a little over a month. It did involve overseas shipping though....
Some companys are worse on dealing with warrantys than others, there's not a whole lot you can do except for keep badgering them. If I was you I'd get the number of the place the shop sent it to and hassel them for a bit. Say you need it for gigs and whatever. They shouldn't charge you for shipping, it's not your fault your amp broke. It'd be pretty bad form if they did. Go to the Kustom site and read over the terms and conditions of their warranty service just to make sure.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by jimmy_neutron
^^Actually i find that a lot of warranty repairs/returns do charge shipping, but thats just me

I've never claimed a warranty on anything like an amp but when I have and it's been sent away to be repaired I've never been charged for shipping by a store. Australia ftw?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Theres just no way that Im going to pay for an item and then pay more money because they neglected to sell me a quality product. Shipping should be included. The warrantly says that all you have to do is provide transportation to an authorized kustom center. I looked up locations on their website and the place that I drove it to was listed. So if they decide to ship it somewhere else Im not liable to pay shipping. Thats the way I see it.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat