Hey guys, still a huge noob who knows very little about everything and anything to do with guitar. So my question is if I'm playing songs with chords such as wonderwall what settings should I have my amp on for the best sound. As in bass/middle/treble.

Thanks in advance.
There is no 'best' sound, it all depends on what gear you're using and what kind of sound you want to achieve.

Also, threads asking about settings aren't allowed. Do a search for the Ultimate Settings Thread and maybe ask there or have a look through it and see if it's of any help.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
For open chord progressions (such as wonderwall) the gain and volume should be set pretty low. As for the EQ:

For humbuckers I would suggest something like:
Bass: 4
Mid: 5
Treble: 8

For single coils something like:
Bass:6
Mid:7
Treble:6

Of course every amp/guitar combination is different so these are just general and your results may vary.
what type of music do you play
Quote by stratdud39

i just facepalmed your facepalm

Quote by whalepudding
Hitler has been a villain in more films and ruined more hairstyles by association alone than any other suggestions.
Quote by GNR4EVER
There is no 'best' sound, it all depends on what gear you're using and what kind of sound you want to achieve.

Also, threads asking about settings aren't allowed. Do a search for the Ultimate Settings Thread and maybe ask there or have a look through it and see if it's of any help.

As I said I'm still very new to guitar. Alright, sorry mate, dont really visit the forums much, Will check it out, thanks.

Quote by JayLacelle
For open chord progressions (such as wonderwall) the gain and volume should be set pretty low. As for the EQ:

For humbuckers I would suggest something like:
Bass: 4
Mid: 5
Treble: 8

For single coils something like:
Bass:6
Mid:7
Treble:6

Of course every amp/guitar combination is different so these are just general and your results may vary.

Thanks

Quote by lemnas
what type of music do you play

As of now I can play Mostly chili peppers stuff, (californication/slow cheetah/parts of cant stop/dani california solo/ beginning of under the bridge), some easy greenday songs, wonderwall, parts of some Kiss songs, various other easy parts of other songs from various bands, and I a play around and experiment with some chords a bit. That is the extent of my playing this far.

As for my amp it is this http://bavasmusic.com.au/store/legacy-firebird-p-3151.html

And my guitar is a legacy emerald series.
gain all the way up.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam