anyone know anything about this amp/cabnet set? i can get it for $500 used from a friend. looking for a long term amp. using it for church/contemporarey music so i'm not looking for a metal tone. just a nice clean and overdrive tone. thanks
The irony in your Username is just lulz

I really wouldn't recommend buying that amp.

Try the 311 method.

Budget?
Gig or at Home?
Genres?
Closest big City?
Willing to go Used? (Seems like you are)
Current Gear?
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Based on my experience with one I'd say it was great for punk and was doing some Led Zeppelin leads pretty well too. But the tone isn't the best I've heard and it definitely isn't worth what Marshall's charging. But $500? That's actually not bad. There really aren't any other half stacks out there for that price that can do better. If you really truly need a half stack, I say get it. If you're mostly playing church gigs then you'll usually be mic'd up and for that kind of music something like a Vox AC15 would do perfect.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Based on my experience with one I'd say it was great for punk and was doing some Led Zeppelin leads pretty well too. But the tone isn't the best I've heard and it definitely isn't worth what Marshall's charging. But $500? That's actually not bad. There really aren't any other half stacks out there for that price that can do better. If you really truly need a half stack, I say get it. If you're mostly playing church gigs then you'll usually be mic'd up and for that kind of music something like a Vox AC15 would do perfect.

I'm sure you know it, and I do too.

There is no situation other than playing without a PA that you would need a half stack.

Hell, my old Spider III 75w held up no problem without a PA. Lawlsy
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
i had the 100w combo.... far a day then took it back.

I do play metal though it didnt like it.

I thought the cleans were surprisingly alright though, though a rather bassy.

If you want really nice cleans why not get a fender and an OD pedal for a bit of crunch
Quote by Guitarbaddie
I'm sure you know it, and I do too.

There is no situation other than playing without a PA that you would need a half stack.

Hell, my old Spider III 75w held up no problem without a PA. Lawlsy

Still having a half stack is a hell of a lot of fun.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Still having a half stack is a hell of a lot of fun.

but the most unpractical and bitch of a thing to cart around
Quote by CreepingDeath13
but the most unpractical and bitch of a thing to cart around

It's a pain enough for me to cart around my 'quarter' stack in my tiny car.

Back to OP: I would avoid the new low end Marshall stacks. You're just buying the brand name. On the bright side, if you play a few pop tunes from it, you will get teh secks. As long as your lead singer isn't smexy. He will steel teh babez
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
The Marshall MA series amps are clearly geared toward high-gain modern tones. They also sound a lot better when paired with the higher-end Marshall 1960 series cabinets. If you want heavy, high-gain tones then an MA100 might just be the amp for you. Get a better cabinet than the MA cab, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Where did TS go?
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by FatalGear41
The Marshall MA series amps are clearly geared toward high-gain modern tones. They also sound a lot better when paired with the higher-end Marshall 1960 series cabinets. If you want heavy, high-gain tones then an MA100 might just be the amp for you. Get a better cabinet than the MA cab, though.

when th distortion was cranked in the combo it sounded pretty fizzy
1. Buy it
2. Sell on eBay for more
3. ??????
4. PROFIT
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

I agree with creepingdeath, the thing the MA does worst is high gain tones. There's a top-end fizz that comes with its high gain settings that just won't go away.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson