I wanna buy a webcam for chatting with friends... what's a decent model/brand? I don't want to spend a lot of $$$ on this... just as long as it's reliable and doesn't break and has somewhat decent quality I don't care.
They are like 30-100 dollars...go to best buy and you are set.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by avalonfour
Buy a Mac. Problem solved.

Hipster alert.

Practically ALL laptops come with webcams built in, most of which are pretty decent. You don't need a Mac just to jerk off with your friends. Unless of course you're a hipster who thinks Windows is uncool.
Mac.

My mac fanatism aside, Logitech makes great quality products for reasonable prices.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by avalonfour

"I need a webcam so I guess I'll just spend hundreds/thousands on a computer to get one."
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
ive got a $20 logitech and its decent
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Hipster alert.

Practically ALL laptops come with webcams built in, most of which are pretty decent. You don't need a Mac just to jerk off with your friends. Unless of course you're a hipster who thinks Windows is uncool.

Nope, I just really like stuff that works.

And that was mostly sarcasm. Obviously the TS isn't going to run out and buy a brand new computer.
Last edited by avalonfour at Sep 27, 2010,
It's a webcam thread, no need to start hating on Macs. If you don't like them that's cool, just realize that some people actually like the computer rather than the image (I personally hate the Apple "image" but I love the actual products).

As for the OP, you have to choose between quality or price. If you just want a webcam for cheap, just go to an electronics store and get the cheapest one.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
It's a webcam thread, no need to start hating on Macs. If you don't like them that's cool, just realize that some people actually like the computer rather than the image (I personally hate the Apple "image" but I love the actual products).

As for the OP, you have to choose between quality or price. If you just want a webcam for cheap, just go to an electronics store and get the cheapest one.

Not that I don't like Apple, but there's no need to spend a lot more unless you need it for its exclusive software like Logic.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Not that I don't like Apple, but there's no need to spend a lot more unless you need it for its exclusive software like Logic.

The interface is much friendlier, it's a lot more secure, it's more aesthetically pleasing, and it comes with software that you'd normally have to pay for on Windows. Plus on the Macbooks and MBP's, the multitouch trackpad alone is pretty much worth the extra dough. Not to mention I just got sick of Windows.
Last edited by rgrockr at Sep 27, 2010,
Get one that's remote controlled so when you're doing a cam show you can zoom in real close.

Quote by rgrockr
The interface is much friendlier, it's a lot more secure, it's more aesthetically pleasing, and it comes with software that you'd normally have to pay for on Windows. Plus on the Macbooks and MBP's, the multitouch trackpad alone is pretty much worth the extra dough. Not to mention I just got sick of Windows.

Games?

Programs?
Last edited by Gyroscope at Sep 27, 2010,
Logitech makes good 3rd party webcams for under the $100. Make sure that the model you looking at is compatible with your computer. not all webcams work with macs and there are only mac specific webcams out there. You want to look for a high fps (frames per second) 30 is the minimum.
Ready to make some home made pr0nz ts?
Quote by avalonfour

Yeah, buy a whole new computer for a webcam.
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
1. Go to nearest Wal-Mart.
2. Look at webcams.
3. Buy one.

Done.

Quote by Gyroscope
Get one that's remote controlled so when you're doing a cam show you can zoom in real close.

Games?

Programs?

Boot camp, bro.
Yes but I want SUGGESTIONS before I buy a piece of junk. Of course the walmart guy (who probably doesn't actually know anything about them) will say good things about the products.
so who are you going to show your genitals to TS?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by WNxScythe
Yes but I want SUGGESTIONS before I buy a piece of junk. Of course the walmart guy (who probably doesn't actually know anything about them) will say good things about the products.

Go to Best Buy if you're worried about quality. You have to make a decision between price and quality, and Walmart is all about price. I always found Best Buy to be pretty helpful though. I think we're having trouble with suggestions because there are hundreds of different models of webcams out there, and most people just make the decision in the store rather than beforehand anyway.
Last edited by rgrockr at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by the bartender
so who are you going to show your genitals to TS?

http://tinychat.com/ug1

Bring your monkeythong TS
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave