So I did one DIY project and now I'm an addict. I have this old Peavey Classic combo that sounds great but is too much of an eyesore. I have already removed the chassis, so now the only part left is to build the head cab.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I want to be thrifty and use the materials from the cab. My plan is to cut off the top half of the cab then possibly the bottom of the amp and connect the two. Then if the wood looks alright enough I may just keep the natural look.

So will this plan work? And one more thing, there is a spring reverb unit included, so how would I go about placing that in there?
Quote by LeviMan_2001
Meh, I think that thing looks frickin awesome. I would just remove the head and spring unit and such, and just leave the current box as a cab. Then build the little pseudo cab thing for the head.

Some people may be into the worn vintage looking thing but I'm not lol

That's why I wanted to use materials from the cab, to keep it as original as possible.
take measurements of the chassis and build ur own head out of plywood or mdf board or something. That way the mod is reversable, and does not take away value from the pv classis like using materals from the actual cab itself. but then again if value doesnt matter, then go ahead and use stuff from the amp.
Quote by guns_rosesldb
take measurements of the chassis and build ur own head out of plywood or mdf board or something. That way the mod is reversable, and does not take away value from the pv classis like using materals from the actual cab itself. but then again if value doesnt matter, then go ahead and use stuff from the amp.

I wouldn't expect it's to decrease any, the back cover on the amp is busted now(thanks to me) and it only cost me $250 and I don't plan on selling it.