I am stuck in a dellima between a POD X3/BOSS GT10 and a M9.

X3/GT10 i get my amp modelling
M9 is light weight and easy to travel with and is more than sufficient for my use.

Lets assume that you have no control over what amp is used on your gig for the rest of your life... Which option will you go for?

Please help!!!
um... what?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
the gt10 over anything line6. probably one of the best modelers I've heard, but i havent heard the axe fx or any of the newer high end stuff either.
Depends on what is important. For high gain amps, I'd go for either the POD XT/X3 (the big one with loads of switches) or a Digitech RP1000. My 500's Mesa models sound amazin.
if you awnt flexibility and feature, go for the GT-10. It has block movement/dual channel/god=knows=what else in it.
X3.

The Boss's modeling sounds like crap compared to the X3 IMO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MortifiedLizard
um... what?

You are a musician, however you do not get to choose what amps you play through in your town (Actually is because i don't have transport).

Will you purchase a pedal with amp modelling or the M9 and just play through whatever amp that is provided by the gig?

Sorry if it was unclear.
Quote by MatrixClaw
X3.

+1

Boss/Roland COSM modeling sounds horrid. Every amp model sounds like a variation of the Boss DS-1 or Metal Zone.
Quote by Blooddrunk_Moon
You are a musician, however you do not get to choose what amps you play through in your town (Actually is because i don't have transport).

Will you purchase a pedal with amp modelling or the M9 and just play through whatever amp that is provided by the gig?

Sorry if it was unclear.

Oh, sorry about that. That does kinda suck that you can't use your own amp. I'd say in that case I'd just use an amp modeler (line 6 or Vox... definitely not Boss) and run it straight into the amp's power amp if it has an FX loop, otherwise just the clean channel.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
I'd get the X3 if its just gonna be some random amp. You can plug it directly into the PA and get a better sound than into the amp that way (assuming it's a sub-par amp and the PA is decent).

Not to mention, you can use the X3 as a recording interface.

The M9 sounds great, but then you're left at the mercy of what random amp you're going to get.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
X3.

This. Boss don't know crap about amp modeling but Line 6 are the pros.
Are they both digital or are they solid state?
Pretty sure the Line 6 is digital/programmed and not just solid state, because programmed >>>> solid state produced sound.
Last edited by Clay-man at Sep 27, 2010,
Quote by DeanRedneck
the gt10 over anything line6. probably one of the best modelers I've heard.

Disagree x1000.

The GT10 sounds very shitty to me.

The X3 however is very good. I'm sure it can't compete with the Axe FX, but it certainly beats the shit out of the GT10.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
If you can afford it, Fractal Axe FX or Eleven Rack all day
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

No Axe FX... Although Chris Broderick uses it and he's pretty much influential to me, but i can't afford it. I mean i don't even have my own transport.

Most likely i'll be going for M9 or X3...

I am still caught in a dillema between M9 and X3... shit.
One of my best friends swears by his X3 Live.
He runs it straight through the PA at our church and it sounds really damn good.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Am i right to say if i don't

1) Record (Use as DI)
2) Plug through PA

= i don't need Amp modeling = go for M9?
Get The Pod For God's Sake!
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
Get The Pod For God's Sake!

This for crying out loud. The M9 is not what you're looking for. Get the POD and run it into the amp's power amp, you'll be fine.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
Quote by natehimself
wait for the new pod HD

Not a good idea. Buying new products as soon as they are available to the public is in general a pretty bad idea. The only reviews available are ones on publications/websites that are biased because they are trying to sell them, and no one knows yet at this point about said product's longevity (ie will it break after 6 months?)... especially in light of the fact that OP will be taking this on tour, he'll need something with a reputation behind it.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
if you get the new POD HD, you are at least using the same hardware/software as the M9 along with the new features the POD HD has

the X3 is outdated and is being discontinued. The POD HD will have the M series effects with the newer modeling features.

I would wait till all the POD HD information is finalized before settling on the HD.

i can't add to any arguments on gt10 vs the x3 though, too many things to say
I heard the POD HD is a rack? Or is it going to also be one of those red kiney bean things? I hope so. I also hope it will be essentially the same as the X3, same sounds with more amazing features and sounds too it.
If you're running into an amp you may as well get the M9. You'll effectively get a bunch of different overdrive pedals. Not as much variety as I'd like and not many "amp in a box" type pedals that people tend to use nowadays though(though the RAT can get pretty Marshally).
Quote by Clay-man
I heard the POD HD is a rack? Or is it going to also be one of those red kiney bean things? I hope so. I also hope it will be essentially the same as the X3, same sounds with more amazing features and sounds too it.

No, not in the least bit. So far, all we have is that it is a footpedal modeler similar to the X3 live. 16 amps, bunch of cabs and mics, something like 24 effects, etc etc . It's not meant to be another one of Line 6's attempts to pack every freaking guitar device ever made into one pedal, it's supposed to be a really really good attempt on just a few.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
^ Everywhere online says 100+ effects.

It looks interesting, that's for sure. I've been wanting an M13, but I might wait till the HD500 comes out to see what it sounds like, for $100 more (or is it the same price?), if the effects sound just as good, the added modeling would be a pretty bitchin perk
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
^ Everywhere online says 100+ effects.

It looks interesting, that's for sure. I've been wanting an M13, but I might wait till the HD500 comes out to see what it sounds like, for $100 more (or is it the same price?), if the effects sound just as good, the added modeling would be a pretty bitchin perk

I stand corrected.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
I don't think the Pod HD is a replacement for the X3 or M9. The Pod HD only has a fraction of the models of the X3, and doesn't have anywhere near the control of the M9.
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
I don't think the Pod HD is a replacement for the X3 or M9. The Pod HD only has a fraction of the models of the X3, and doesn't have anywhere near the control of the M9.

i don think anyone buys a modeling system for just 1(obscure?) amp though...

i wanted a broad number and the GT-10 had a few that i liked (SLO, Triamp, a few marshals, 5150) whether they are accurate or not is not is the question :P

the 16 that Line 6 picks should be good for general use, but i would bet on their POD software upgrades that they will sell like their current stuff.

more money to be made and they know people are willing to pay for the hardware and will pay more to get the packs.

is there a way to know that the POD HD will have less control then the m9? Or do you mean because it just lacks the physical switches that are available at one time?

if anything, the POD HD system may even contain a entire m9/m13 effects board
It would be retarded to replace the X3 then if it's not as good as the X3.
I'll be waiting for the Pod HD. Looks promising.

Unless i can get a good M9 dael before that is even released (website not even done yet lol)
Quote by Blooddrunk_Moon
I'll be waiting for the Pod HD. Looks promising.

Unless i can get a good M9 dael before that is even released (website not even done yet lol)

As long as it's POD over that pos Boss multipedal then you're doing the right thing.