Hey!

So today I saw a cheap used LTD JH-600 and I thought how much is it new. I go to thomanns to check out the guitar, and kahler tremolos (as the JH has a kahler). I notice that the guitar is a lil more than 900e where the tremolo is 450e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holymolyshit!

Can a kahler be worth it, I mean, 450e for a tremolo?!
Can someone also tell me about the benefits of a kahler, why would someone get a kahler? How is the price justified?

Thanks in advance
Jonathan
From my brief research it appears that most people report that Kahler has sustain and tuning issues and recommend the Floyd Rose over it.

But then again tons of people report liking the Kahler over the Floyd...

It seems more a matter of preference than anything else.
Last edited by iduno871 at Sep 27, 2010,
People whine and cry about everything that is different. Play the guitar and decide for your self if it is worth it or not.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Kahlers are more expensive because they didn't license out the design to every other company ever. Their quality is top notch and you can order them with saddles made from more exotic metals than steel. The only problem I've ever had with a Kahler is whenever you pull the bar up (raising the pitch of the note) sometimes the string hangs in the nut causing it to be sharp. It's easy to fix though, you just do a quick dive and the string is good to go.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Kahlers are more expensive because they didn't license out the design to every other company ever. Their quality is top notch and you can order them with saddles made from more exotic metals than steel. The only problem I've ever had with a Kahler is whenever you pull the bar up (raising the pitch of the note) sometimes the string hangs in the nut causing it to be sharp. It's easy to fix though, you just do a quick dive and the string is good to go.

Great input. Just didnt get the following text:
Quote by Flux'D
sometimes the string hangs in the nut causing it to be sharp

explain plz?

Thanks
Jonathan
Quote by fc89konkari
Great input. Just didnt get the following text:

explain plz?

Thanks
Jonathan

He saying that the string wont always slide as far through the nut because it get's caught. That is, until you fix it of course.

I don't think it's just the trem that makes it cost twice as much.
I thought all the JHs came with a trem?
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
^Exactly, I should've explained it a little better. But it's all good haha. Kahlers cost more because they're exclusive to one brand, they're manufactured in the United States and they have more parts than a Floyd Rose.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
^Exactly, I should've explained it a little better. But it's all good haha. Kahlers cost more because they're exclusive to one brand, they're manufactured in the United States and they have more parts than a Floyd Rose.

If you get a guitar with the kahler lock nut I HIGHLY suggest you replace it with a floyd rose nut, since it's a better design.

And Kahlers don't necessarily cost more. Wammiworld sells 7200s/7300s for minimum $180 which is in the range of an FR.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Well heres something thats bothering me.

Floyds are basically the same thing, with varieing quality. (licensed, 1000-series, OFR)
What about Kahlers? I mean. You dont get licensed kahlers. Just different names. Are the different names pointing to quality (in any case)?
Or are they just to different purposes?
What purposes for?

Thanks
Jonathan

EDIT:
Went to thomann. Saw that they have on sale 5 different Kahlers.
Again, what are the differences of these (in use)?
They are:
Kerry King sig.
K2300B
K2300C
K2310B
K2310C

thanks
Last edited by fc89konkari at Sep 28, 2010,
reportedly, kahlers are 'smoother' than a floyd. im not entirely sure what this means, as i've never tried one (even though ive been searching for one to try for quite a while). material/price wise, they make sense
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Quote by ethan_hanus
No, it is not worth that much, it's prolly $15 worth of metal and $50 worth of machining labor, the rest is paying for the name brand.
They're also more complicated to make than an FR. An FR has a few moving parts (tuners, locks). Kahlers have more (rollers, locks, tuners, cam, etc) and are more complicated to put together.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.