mahagony body & neck
carved bound maple top
rosewood fretboard
wing(?) inlays
grover tuners
seymour duncan custom custom and 59

Review:
feel:
the guitar feels amazing, the neck profile is exactly the way i like it, frets are perfect, neck joint is the best ive ever seen, no problem at all playing the highest frets.
quality:
theres the vcc(voice contour control) instead of tone knobs, i dont like them and the volume pots are crappy, ive already ordered new pots, switch and input so ill never have to worry about it.
everything else is perfect
sound:
didnt get an amp yet but at the store it sounded awesome.

and thats my brief review, now on to the pr0n:

congrats, always good to have some washburn love in EG. selling my x40 to get an x50pro
hngd
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Congratz! I'm considering one of these really soon. What neck profile does it have? I played one old discontinued version of these Idol series and felt it was quite thin in comparison to, let say, an Epiphone LP neck.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Sep 27, 2010,
Nice guitar man! I bought a washburn myself a couple of days ago. Their instruments are about the best bang for the buck you'll get these days.

Have alot of fun with that!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by hminh87
VCongratz! I'm considering one of these really soon. What neck profile does it have? I played one old discontinued version of these Idol series and felt it was quite thin in comparison to, let say, an Epiphone LP neck.

like standard fender neck profile just a bit thinner
hngd. congrats!
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Havnt seen that model before, seems to have really good higher fret access

HNGD
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
very nice indeed I like washburns, the ones I've tried anyway, as LP_CL says, were great bang for the buck.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNGD!! That is a nice looking Washtub.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Hey also how are the pickups/ coilsplits working out for you?
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by adj209
Hey also how are the pickups/ coilsplits working out for you?

ill be completely honest.
im a beginner so i dont know if a tone is good or bad....
you can look for reviews on harmony central
the vcc thing is nice but i want regular tone controls
if you want single coil and humbucker tones i think youre better off with push-pull coil splitting
for now im going to change to regular tone controls and maybe in the future ill get coil splitting
btw, thanks everybody
Last edited by philipk at Sep 27, 2010,
that's an extremely nice guitar for a beginner

I agree about the vcc- the ability to go to parallel wiring (i think that's what it's doing) is cool, but not at the expense of tone controls. I'm the same as you, I'd rather have it on a push-pull, or push-push, pot, and then you have tone controls too. But that's about the only thing I didn't like about the one I tried (well, actually the one I tried was the 65pro, and it didn't have fretboard inlays, so I didn't like that either, but yours does ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i thought of using a master volume and 1 tone + 2 vcc or 2 tone + 1 vcc
im not sure yet....
i like 2 separate volumes... extremely useful. you can set it up like a pseudo-two channel amp (if you have a single channel amp). Volume on the bridge pickup up full for brootz, then volume rolled back on the neck pickup for cleans... sweet.

if anything I'd go master tone and one VCC. But to be honest I'd just put it on a push-pull- if the VCC is just swapping between series and parallel wiring there's no reason, as far as i'm aware, that you can't put that on a push-pull switch. I know I have series/parallel on a push-push on one of my guitars. Even better, you can do it for each pickup separately (that's what I have), have two push-pulls for the two tone knobs.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thats one sweet lookin guitar. What kind of pickups do you have (LIke Hot Rails, Cool rails etc)
yeah. though i've heard some people say they're not as reliable as push-pulls. And when you press it, it can turn a little, which can be annoying. but they are much easier to select than push-pulls- the problem almost is that they're too easy to select!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Charvel1995
Thats one sweet lookin guitar. What kind of pickups do you have (LIke Hot Rails, Cool rails etc)

seymour duncan custom custom and 59... its in the first post

Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah. though i've heard some people say they're not as reliable as push-pulls. And when you press it, it can turn a little, which can be annoying. but they are much easier to select than push-pulls- the problem almost is that they're too easy to select!

if you pick up the guitar and you dont remember what mode it was the last time you played, how do you know if its splitted or not?
oh it pops up, just like a push-pull. it's raised off the guitar's body when it's split (assuming that's the way round you wired it, I could be wrong but I'm guessing you could wire it either way round).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sweet! hope it plays well! HNGD!
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?