I have to do an essay on my favourite band, obviously GNR and i need 5-10 questions to base the essay around. Ideas?
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
Sod that........hand it in a week late and tell your teacher you were inspired by Axl Rose

A* will be given
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
"Why are G'n'R so shite?"
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
"Why are G'n'R so shite?"

Ignore the Axl-hating bandwagon coming soon.

How about:

Why was Appetite For Destruction such a huge success? (the end of glam etc)
The most dangerous band in the world? (live up to their title?)
Addiction (all members apart from Axl were addicts at some point)
End of the classic line-up in the mid-nineties (Slash and Duff left, Matt was fired...)
The "new" GNR- current and previous members
Chinese Democracy
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf

I think focusing on Axl would be a good idea though. Much as I think he's an awesome singer and songwriter, he's still kind of an odd guy. TS could look at his childhood, and quotes from the rest of the band (new and old) about him. How he changed the sound.

In fact, just do the essay on Axl.

Or Buckethead.
just go out and buy slashs' book. scribble out his name and write yours on the front then hand it in to your teacher and get an A+. saves having to actually do any work.
Quote by nodtomc
I have to do an essay on my favourite band, obviously GNR and i need 5-10 questions to base the essay around. Ideas?

Obviously?
Saying that makes it seem like you don't realize how much the world has stopped giving a shit about Guns N Roses. We wised up a lonnngggg time ago and realized that band was nothing special.

Perhaps you should change your topic to something more interesting and worthwhile, unless you want to think of questions about how big of a twat Axl is or how over-rated Slash is.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Quote by xMetalGodx
Obviously?
Saying that makes it seem like you don't realize how much the world has stopped giving a shit about Guns N Roses. We wised up a lonnngggg time ago and realized that band was nothing special.

Perhaps you should change your topic to something more interesting and worthwhile, unless you want to think of questions about how big of a twat Axl is or how over-rated Slash is.

Get your elitist attitude out of here.

Yes the world stopped giving a shit about Guns N' Roses because Chinese Democracy only sold 5 million copies and the current world tour has only been seen by over 800 000 people... yes, yes you are correct.

TS go ahead. You've picked a good favourite band.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf

How about:

End of the classic line-up in the mid-nineties (Slash and Duff left, Matt was fired...)
Chinese Democracy

points for trying but honestly where did you see this thread going?
Quote by xMetalGodx
Obviously?

sorry for not listening to t3h br00tAlz.

i dont like new GNR though Appetite For Destruction is my favourite album by far and Slash is one of my favourite guitarists.
Quote by xMetalGodx
Obviously?

Jesus christ....

You are a douche.
The same way it usually goes, people who jump on the hate bandwagon without actually knowing why.

Yes, the other members say it was all Axl's fault, and then oops, Velvet Revolver fires Scott Weiland... who gets the blame? Scott of course, Slash, Duff and Matt now says it was all HIS fault.

I see a pattern repeating itself.

Nobody is EVER innocent.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by slash_GNR666
Sod that........hand it in a week late and tell your teacher you were inspired by Axl Rose

A* will be given

this.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Demon Wolf
The same way it usually goes, people who jump on the hate bandwagon without actually knowing why.

Yes, the other members say it was all Axl's fault, and then oops, Velvet Revolver fires Scott Weiland... who gets the blame? Scott of course, Slash, Duff and Matt now says it was all HIS fault.

I see a pattern repeating itself.

Nobody is EVER innocent.

I've never got on with GnR. It's purely a musical thing for me.

Having said that though, I'm of the opinion that all of the rock stars are douche bags.

ALL OF THEM!

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
I've never got on with GnR. It's purely a musical thing for me.

Having said that though, I'm of the opinion that all of the rock stars are douche bags.

ALL OF THEM!

.......... even buckethead?
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
Quote by xMetalGodx
Obviously?

wtf dude. He just wants some help . he didnt post here to get ure opinion on which band to listen to or what to think. he just wants some help for his essay :S

Quote by Demon Wolf

How about:

Chinese Democracy

this.
Quote by xMetalGodx
Obviously?

Pretty sure he said obviously because it was mentioned in the thread title.

Idiot.
What part did each member of the band play in the demise of the Appetite for Destruction line up?

What could have been done to keep the band together?

If Slash wasn't in the band, would it have been as big as it was?

Would Guns 'N Roses be able to write their songs without the use of drink and drugs?

Why is Izzy Stradlin' SO DAMN UNDERRATED?!

Hope those help
This might not be a question, but to demonstrate the Chinese Democracy record, take an extra long and careful time writing your essay.
DeVillains!
"Axl's got a great voice, and HAD a great band. Why did he have to be such a fooktard?"
Quote by tacaco1000
yes, babies tend to become a blue gooey liquid when kept inside a plastic bottle in the dark for a year.
Talk about how 3-Dog is trying to free the Capitol Wasteland from the Enclave.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by leg end

Hope those help

he didn't wear a hat duhhh
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by slash_GNR666

A* will be given

Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by rgrockr
Talk about how 3-Dog is trying to free the Capitol Wasteland from the Enclave.

I was about to post something similar.
Three Dog>Axl
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by leg end

+1000. Hes a damn fine rythem guitarist. He could have done well if it werent for Slash stealing the spotlight.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by Demon Wolf

How is glam relevant, that was like, early '70s.
Quote by neidnarb11890
How is glam relevant, that was like, early '70s.

It was actually more like the early-mid '80s. Most glam was just Van Halen and KISS ripoff bands.
Quote by rgrockr
It was actually more like the early-mid '80s. Most glam was just Van Halen and KISS ripoff bands.

No, glam was like, early Bowie, T. Rex, and Roxy Music.
Quote by neidnarb11890
No, glam was like, early Bowie, T. Rex, and Roxy Music.

Sometimes people use "glam" to describe hair metal. That's how the other guy used it, as in what GnR changed.