http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/sep/27/segway-boss-jimi-heselden-dies-cliff-fall

The flamboyant former miner at the head of the Segway scooter company has died in a freak accident by sliding on one of the miniature two-wheelers off a cliff.

Jimi Heselden, who latched on to an international craze for the upright, motorised "green commuter machines", was testing a cross-country version when he skidded into the river Wharfe which runs beside his Yorkshire estate.

Police confirmed this morning that the 62-year-old's body had been found in the river at Boston Spa, five miles from the Leeds factory where he made his first fortune from Afghanistan defence contracts. Using redundancy money from his pit job, he invented a wire basket crammed with earth and water which proved far more effective than sandbags against mortar and missile attacks.

Heselden, whose personal fortune was ranked at £166m and earned him 395th place in this year's Sunday Times Rich List, died after the accident yesterday morning. West Yorkshire police said the scooter had been found nearby after the body had been reported by a local walker at 11.40am. "Mr Heselden was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. The incident is not believed to be suspicious and the coroner has been informed," said a spokesman for the force.
I just saw this on BBC News.

Although I did have to laugh at "Flamboyant Miner".

Zoolander anyone?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
I just saw this on BBC News.

Although I did have to laugh at "Flamboyant Miner".

Zoolander anyone?

If only i went to the "Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too", I could read this quote
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
I read it earlier, must admit I did laugh about the fact he drove one of his own scooters off the cliff, I had a mental picture of it.
thats pretty sad, and kind of a weird way to go
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
such a strange way to die...
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
Quote by gallagher2006
Why didn't he just get off the scooter...?

Yeah, it's not like they go any faster than jogging speed anyway.
Quote by Voldragon
I read it earlier, must admit I did laugh about the fact he drove one of his own scooters off the cliff, I had a mental picture of it.

Yeah, I had something similar. Just this image of him tumbling off a cliff whilst still clutching to it, with a "fuuuuuuuuuu" face in mid-air.

I'm going to hell
How very bizarre. Boston Spa's four miles away from my home town
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Fucker should've wore a helmet.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off