Hello fellow musicians.

I'm kinda going to sing & play guitar in a band of mine, and is there any good advice to help me get started doing these two things at the same time?

Also, is there any easy version of "Nothing Else Matters" to play while singing, a link would be appreciated. So I can focus more on singing on that song, and less on the guitar playing.
start out by dumbing down the guitar parts, just play the underlying chord and the first beat of the bar and sing along (just to get a feel for being and tune and harmony and such), then advance to simple strummin

you eventually get better and can implement various strumming and eventually playing single note lines/riffs and such
Practice, practice, practice. There's simply no other way, sorry. I usually find it easiest to master the song on guitar first, then trying to sing.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
My advice is practice! Begin with songs that are easy so that you can develop independence
between your voice and your arms. Then you move on to something harder. When I hit a wall I just try to figure out little by little. No rush. And listen to the song to spot the key point. Then it becomes natural! Hope I have helped!
Distortion-Head: Eat Music, SH*T MUSIC!!
When i first started to put the two together i noticed that it was easier for me to do if i knew the vocals/lyrics to a song really well and then putting the guitar to it. Rather than trying to put lyrics to the guitar. Play songs you know to get the hang of it.

Hope that helps
Quote by ALaure
When i first started to put the two together i noticed that it was easier for me to do if i knew the vocals/lyrics to a song really well and then putting the guitar to it. Rather than trying to put lyrics to the guitar. Play songs you know to get the hang of it.

Hope that helps

this has helped me a lot as well. knowing the words before you start playing will help you avoid stumbling through different spots.
keep writing. keep dreaming.

keep the notes coming...

ibanez ftw
the best way i think is to know the guitar part well, be able to play it in your sleep as it were. then you can concentrate on singing it. i remember trying to learn to play the song and trying to sing it and my brain screamed out in some kind of mind numbing agonizing pain from trying to do too much new stuff at once. i took a couple months to learn it a little better and i found that the better i knew how to play the songs the easier it was to sing along with them.
it's tough to explain....i went with a band that my voice was similar too...and by that time i was playing for 7 years...so at the age of 17 i started singing sepultura ...arise/chaos a.d. era stuff...it was easy for me....i didnt have the voice for metallica or certain bands....so go with something like that....i found it was easier to do it with a band than doing it alone