Good morning everyone,

I've been casually looking around for a new guitar and I have come to realize that I have been extremely spoiled with the ebony fingerboard on my ESP Eclipse. A lot of the guitars I have come across have rosewood fingerboards and I feel to myself that it is just to rough and doesn't have that right feel to me anymore. Perhaps I just havn't found the right one.

Back to the point - I would like your input on some models/makes that would use ebony - price isn't too much of an issue (but would like to keep the budget around $1500) and I play mainly hard rock/metal.

I was looking at a few schecters and possibly another ESP (although I am looking at the LTD Deluxe MH-1000 - thing is a beast and plays like a dream even though it is a rosewood board).

Any suggetions would be great.

Thank you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Gibson Les Paul Studio - Gem Series
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-ESP Horizon FR II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
If you like the ESPs, you could try a Horizon? Or possibly that new Formula one.
Most b.c rich guitars use ebony for the neck.. check them.out.
I want to know. Do you like thin necks, don't care, or thick necks? I just got a new Schecter Damien Elite 6 FR, and the neck is thicker then Ibanez, and probably also thicker then ESP. But I hace noticed, it plays quite darn well still. And I love thin necks. Also, the neck joint on the Schecter is quite a lot wider compared to Ibanez. If you have big hands this isn't a problem, but I thought I'd notice... Anyway, Schecter does offer very good quality, and awesome colors...
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite FR CRED
Ibanez RG7321FM w/ DiMarzio Bridge pickup
Roland CUBE 40XL
Digitech RP355

Quote by zgr0826
Banned because Raep = Me Gusta

ಠ_ಠ
I personally don't like Ebony. It's too hard, brite and in many cases rougher because of the grain.
Gibson Studios use Ebony I believe as does the LP Custom but even used a Custom would be out of your budget.
Moving on.....
Quote by boeman1995
I want to know. Do you like thin necks, don't care, or thick necks? I just got a new Schecter Damien Elite 6 FR, and the neck is thicker then Ibanez, and probably also thicker then ESP. But I hace noticed, it plays quite darn well still. And I love thin necks. Also, the neck joint on the Schecter is quite a lot wider compared to Ibanez. If you have big hands this isn't a problem, but I thought I'd notice... Anyway, Schecter does offer very good quality, and awesome colors...

I play a Les Paul as well so thick necks dont bother me in the slightest.

I was actually looking at the schecter C-1 Custom FR - seems to be pretty nice.

I should specify a little more I would like something with a floyd rose.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
I like the looks of ebony fretboards so much I dyed the rosewood fretboard on my PRS SE black.

Schecter of course makes some good ones. I have no experience with them but Agile and Michael Kelly also have a few. For just a little more than that budget on eBay from time to time is a Gibson SG Supreme.
Quote by faid2black
no Jackson? Soloist SL1 or SL2 would do... ebony fretboard, OFR...

Forgot about Jackson - just checked out the specs they look incredible - a little pricey though. How are the stock Duncans? I play mostly hard rock/metal, will they suit my style?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
^ the stock duncans on the high end models are good.

I like the rosewood on my DKMG, perhaps try one of them? Otherwise the ebony on the Shecter Blackjack might be your best bet with the LTD's
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Screw Jackson, B.C Rich NT series for life!
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
You might want to check out my Cort. Ebony board (16"r) on Maple neck and Mahogany body. Not sure I'd use Ebony board on a brighter body wood.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

If you're looking for ebony fretboards under 1500, then go for something like a schecter blackjack atx or hellraiser, B.C rich assassin, most ESP LTD's should have an ebony fretboard.
However for 1500 you could get something with a slightly faster feel then ebony, look into Washburn's carbon/glass epoxy fretboards. You can get the flying V models for just under 1500 US.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Aggro

Very sound argument pal.

By the way, screw BC Rich, Jackson for life............now that is an argument!!

On another note, I think you would prefer the Jackson Soloist based on your preferences.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
The Soloist is a very solid choice mate... it's an awesome guitar, and it just looks and breathes metal. The trem is an OFR, which means that you pretty much toss it down the stairs without going out of tune.
Yeah
Quote by Aggro

The only guitar you own is a BC Rich, because that doesn't seem biased or anything?
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
Keep an eye on Craig's List for an early 90s Jackson Soloist Pro. They are Japanese made, excellent quality. The trems are Schaller I think, LFRs, but pretty darn good.

I really love the neck and FB on mine (a beat up, refretted 1990)
OP, if you're really considering a USA Soloist, just watch ebay/craigslist. Used but very clean examples go for about 1k