Page 1 of 2
I had ordered my Ibanez TS9, and it was delivered to my house, but I'm certain that my mum's boyfriend stole it from me.

SO.

Need a few suggestions for an OD/tubescreamer.

I am considering the TS7 with TS808 mod, but I am open to suggestions.

The sound I'm going for is similar to that of Opeth.

My amp is a Carvin x100b.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Sorry man, sympathies.

What's your budget?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
Sorry man, sympathies.

What's your budget?

0-100~usd max.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Tell your mom? Stealing shit from a kid is ****ed. That's $100 down the drain.

Call the police and say he molestered you like they did on South Park.
Last edited by Seref at Sep 27, 2010,
You could definitely craigslist a TS-9 for under $100. If you don't wanna go that route the TS-7 is a good alternative if you can do the mods yourself, then again, if not there are a few guys on here you could mail your pedal to who would be willing to do it for you a lot cheaper than Analogman or Keeley.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by Seref

College is expensive, so I had just moved out this week, and the shipping info was still set for my mums house.

Also, my mum's hubby is like, 23... And wants my ass.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
I had ordered my Ibanez TS9, and it was delivered to my house, but I'm certain that my mum's boyfriend stole it from me. .

Quote by Guitarbaddie
Also, my mum's hubby is like, 23... And wants my ass.

tell the hubby that he can have your ass if he get's the tube screamer that the boyfriend stole.

while it will cause a lot of shit for mum, you get your tubescreamer back.

then renig on the promise with the hubby and tell the cops about the whole thing.

problem solved.
Quote by gregs1020
tell the hubby that he can have your ass if he get's the tube screamer that the boyfriend stole.

while it will cause a lot of shit for mum, you get your tubescreamer back.

then renig on the promise with the hubby and tell the cops about the whole thing.

problem solved.

lulz, they are the same person, don't know why I called them two different things.

And he's the type of person that will steal from me, not admit to it, then I find the item several weeks later in his stuff, and he still denies it. My motha doesn't care.

So far he has taken a 25ft ethernet cable, a hard drive, 20 bucks, but what he would have a need for a TS9 is beyond me. All he does is play Modern Brofare 2 and fap to loli's/my sister.

BACK TO OP: TS7 with TS808 mod still looks great for the price.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Um. Call the cops? Or something?

If this exact situation happened to me I'd probably flip my shit.

Dunno why you'd just buy another one when you could just get it back, along with all the other shit that he took.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
TS7s are cheap and plentiful then.

you need to go "home alone" on that guy, in a very stealth way.
Quote by Seref

At first I was gonna post this as a joke... Now after reading the rest of your posts I'm serious. **** that guy.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
WTF. Your mom doesn't care?

No offense, but what a bitch.

I ****ing beat that dude over the head with an acoustic guitar, multiple times
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 27, 2010,
1. Beat the shit out of the ass hole
2. Take all of his shit and sell it, plus his money.
3. Buy a board full of awesome pedals.
4. Go to college.
5. Fun times.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Thanks for all the advice. He just went to work and I am looking through his shit..

He has a safe though, that is locked. Damn.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Thanks for all the advice. He just went to work and I am looking through his shit..

He has a safe though, that is locked. Damn.

Request a verification of delivery from the shipper. Unless it was just USPS you should be able to see a signature. If he signed for it you can press charges.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by MatrixClaw
I ****ing beat that dude over the head with an acoustic guitar, multiple times

but seriously, Analogman sells Boss SD1s modded to 808 specs with either symatrical or asymatrical clipping. Plus, they're less then a TS9 and have better switches. give em a look.
http://www.buyanalogman.com/Boss_SD_1_808_p/am-boss-sd-1-808.htm
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by tubetime86
Request a verification of delivery from the shipper. Unless it was just USPS you should be able to see a signature. If he signed for it you can press charges.

It was USPS, how would I go about seeing a signature?

I checked the post office and they weren't holding a package for me, so he must of signed it, or the guy on eBay ripped me off.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
It was USPS, how would I go about seeing a signature?

I checked the post office and they weren't holding a package for me, so he must of signed it, or the guy on eBay ripped me off.

Well before you go accusing him you better get your facts straight. Call up USPS and ask for a delivery confirmation. They'll tell you when and where the package was delivered, but may not have a signature depending on how the pedal was shipped. At least that way you know who to accuse; the ebay seller or the douche you live with. Like I said, if they have a signature that is that guys you can press charges. You need to ask him first, so that he can't say he just forgot to give it to you. The case most likely won't go anywhere to be honest because he lives there so its too easy for him to talk his way out of it, but at least you can get him back a little bit by calling the cops.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Well before you go accusing him you better get your facts straight. Call up USPS and ask for a delivery confirmation. They'll tell you when and where the package was delivered, but may not have a signature depending on how the pedal was shipped. At least that way you know who to accuse; the ebay seller or the douche you live with. Like I said, if they have a signature that is that guys you can press charges. You need to ask him first, so that he can't say he just forgot to give it to you. The case most likely won't go anywhere to be honest because he lives there so its too easy for him to talk his way out of it, but at least you can get him back a little bit by calling the cops.

I have asked him like 23423415 times, and he denies it. I went to the post office and asked and said they don't have it.

I talked to the eBay seller and he gave me the delivery confirmation that looked legit enough.

brb calling USPS.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
USPS confirmed that they did deliver on the 7th of September, no signature was needed.

Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
i doubt the seller sent it without a signature required.

really?

it's worth a police report either way, so it's on record.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 27, 2010,
Quote by gregs1020

really?

it's worth a police report either way, so it's on record.

Turning my house inside and out. Calling the police would be just a huge pain in my ass, but if it comes to that... I guess I will have to.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by gregs1020

really?

I would.

It's a $100 pedal, in a box small enough to go in a mailbox. That seems safe enough to me, if someone steals your mail from the box, it's a federal offense.

Unless it's insured for $500 or more, shipping companies won't make you sign unless you pay extra for it (or if it's over night shipping).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i guess so derek, i just always require a sig, even with $100 pedals. maybe i'm paranoid though that someone would claim non-receipt.

file a report, as said it's theft on someone's part. mailman, neighbor, the doosh.
if i was you i'd hit him with a chair.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
Go round with a gang of mates, maybe some light weapons (clubs, baseball bats, knives etc.) and ask for it back. You'll probobly get a different answer.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Quote by Redstar5wp
Go round with a gang of mates, maybe some light weapons (clubs, baseball bats, knives etc.) and ask for it back. You'll probobly get a different answer.

don't do this - he'll have legal grounds against you if you threaten him with weaponry (or without weaponry for that matter).

I'd see if you can break into that safe - is it coded or is there a key? is it mounted into a wall or free standing? and finally how thick is it?

if theres a key, try sliding something in between the door and jiggling the lock about to see if you can unjam it - if the metal is relatively thin buy yourself a cheap kitchen knife (or failing that a hand axe) and hack it open - if hes taken it then he can't really flip out at you, yes you've technically broken the law but he's done much worse than you, if you threaten to call the cops he should back off. Alternatively, if you can't break in I'm not really sure what to say...
If this was in the UK it'd be hilarious - Royal Mail post technically counts as property of the queen in this country till its delivered to its addressee, and so if you intercept post it counts as high treason which is technically the only crime still punishable by death here, although of course in practice a death sentence would never be dished out
^ i thought they took the death penalty for high treason off the books, but it was only very recently...

Quote by Seref

+1, that's ridiculous. Plus I'm sure your mum would want to know, too, in case she thinks he's an angel. EDIT: oh she does know. That sucks.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 27, 2010,
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
don't do this - he'll have legal grounds against you if you threaten him with weaponry (or without weaponry for that matter).

I'd see if you can break into that safe - is it coded or is there a key? is it mounted into a wall or free standing? and finally how thick is it?

if theres a key, try sliding something in between the door and jiggling the lock about to see if you can unjam it - if the metal is relatively thin buy yourself a cheap kitchen knife (or failing that a hand axe) and hack it open - if hes taken it then he can't really flip out at you, yes you've technically broken the law but he's done much worse than you, if you threaten to call the cops he should back off. Alternatively, if you can't break in I'm not really sure what to say...
If this was in the UK it'd be hilarious - Royal Mail post technically counts as property of the queen in this country till its delivered to its addressee, and so if you intercept post it counts as high treason which is technically the only crime still punishable by death here, although of course in practice a death sentence would never be dished out

You guys should really just take the Tower of London out of retirement for one guy, no one will ever **** around with the mail again.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by Guitarbaddie
Turning my house inside and out. Calling the police would be just a huge pain in my ass, but if it comes to that... I guess I will have to.

Dude, if this guy is going to be a potential lifelong pain in the ass, a nice police report against him early on would be helpful. Like I said before, I doubt he'd ever get convicted, but sometimes just charging someone gets the point across.

Edit: Depending on how big of a douche he is, maybe give him a chance first. Say 'I'm left with no other option than to think that it was stolen by you or someone else. Last chance before I call the police to come clean.' But it sounds like he may be too arrogant for even that to work.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Sep 27, 2010,
Quote by tubetime86
Dude, if this guy is going to be a potential lifelong pain in the ass, a nice police report against him early on would be helpful. Like I said before, I doubt he'd ever get convicted, but sometimes just charging someone gets the point across.

Edit: Depending on how big of a douche he is, maybe give him a chance first. Say 'I'm left with no other option than to think that it was stolen by you or someone else. Last chance before I call the police to come clean.' But it sounds like he may be too arrogant for even that to work.

Well, we don't even know for a fact it's him. Maybe make a point to mention to him that you think someone stole your mail, and you want to get the police involved. If it doesn't "magically" turn up in a day or two, it either wasn't him or he'll think you're bluffing.
Buy a Hardwire Tube Overdrive. Sounds great, but has quite chunky metal casing... this means you get lovely tight overdrive and it's also a fantastic implement to hit the guy with
Quote by Seref
Well, we don't even know for a fact it's him. Maybe make a point to mention to him that you think someone stole your mail, and you want to get the police involved. If it doesn't "magically" turn up in a day or two, it either wasn't him or he'll think you're bluffing.

I didn't say it was. USPS has a delivery confirmation though, so that rules out anyone that wasn't in the house. Unless someone broke in, just to recieve the pedal then it was that guy. Or unless there's a little brother or someone we don't know about.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
firstly get this guy really drunk.

then, when he passes out carve TS9 into his chest and brand it on his forehead

i guess you could also go looking for it aswell
Quote by tubetime86
I didn't say it was. USPS has a delivery confirmation though, so that rules out anyone that wasn't in the house. Unless someone broke in, just to recieve the pedal then it was that guy. Or unless there's a little brother or someone we don't know about.

Not necessarily. USPS just knocks and leaves my packages by the door, and in doing that they confirm delivery. If you don't hear the knock it stays out there till you notice it. Plenty of time for anyone to take it.

And it's just if you say "last chance before I call the police to come clean" to him, that pretty much says that you think it was him, which could be a problem if it turns out it wasn't him.
make a police report. just so that it is on the record.

then let the seller know that you never received it. USPS usually insures items for $100 iirc. So there is insurance. even though they say it was delivered, you never received it. so potentially they miss-delivered it. your neighbor across the street may have it for all you know. but make the seller aware, make a report and go through those means. that is one of the reasons for insurance.

as much as you would like to put jalopeno juice in his visine bottle, that will only get you in trouble.

follow the high road, talk to the postal service and let them know you want to file a claim. just because they say they delivered it doesn't remove them from culpability.
Page 1 of 2