Helloo everyone =]

Basically, I'd very much like an all-valve amp that's;

- loud enough for gigging reasonably large venues (yes, I know all about them miking up the amp, but idc about that)

- does a wide range of tones, from clean, to crunch, to a good metal-ish distortion (I can use my distortion pedal if necessary)

- has that changable impedence thing, so I can just buy a cheap cab with it

- is around the 400, 500 GBP mark

Also, can you suggest any 2x12 or 4x12 cabs (around 200 GBP) to go with any suggestions?

Oh, and one last thing. If any of you have tried the Bugera V55, what's it like?
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Never tried the bugera. Can you go used? I'd look at laney for value over here, a VC30 would be nice. Maybe try an egnator tweaker and a jet city JCA, they're liked a lot over here. Blackstar also do 20/40/60 watters around that price. You could possibly snag a used orange rocker 30 which should cover a lot of that, maybe get a used fender De Ville and run a few pedals? Vox AC15/Peavey Classic 30 perhaps. Just throwing deas out there. Also what kind of bands/artsits do you want to emulate/sound closest to?

EDIT: Also for cabs harley benton do a decent cab with Vintage 30's for I think it's about £160. Also look at Framus. For a bit more, look at orange. I know you pay a premium but they are very highly regarded cabs
Last edited by ProgFolk12 at Sep 27, 2010,
wow, lots of suggestions xD

errm, most Coheed & Cambria tones, Alter Bridge, Metallica ish kinda things?
but a good clean is a must too =]

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
I fear a lot of my suggetions wont nail the higher gain ones on that list. Might be worth looking for a used marshall JCM800/900, but that probbaly wont leave you much change for a cab
Well, i can always use some pedals to boost the gain if I need to, so that's not all that important.

and i've heard that JCM's don't do cleans very well =[

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Not brilliantly, you'd need to use the guitars volume I think. The JCM2000 I think does a better job of cleans
If you can extend your budget just a touch check out the orange thunder 30.

Great cleans, good crunch, br00talz gain.

As for a cab id sugest an orange 1x12/used ppc212 open back, framus 212 or harley bentont 212 with the vintage 30s.
^ second that - the Orange I mean

Peavey JSX / XXX

Engl Thunder

Marshall JCM 900 / 2000 - You also really want to check out the JVM range. A lot of folks on here reckon they pretty meh but I like em! Quite versatile too But maybe out of your range if you not prepared to save a tad more