I was one of the lucky people to purchase a limited edition white orange cab last year, and i love it. I have a few questions on how keep it in mint condition:

First, is that i painted my peavey heads grips a metallic silver, and it comes off and gets ground into the tolex of my cab, leaving black rings where the feet sit. It also wont just rub off i used some goof off wipes on it, but a few months later where i rubbed vigorously until it came out, i noticed a slight yellowing, i understand if i cant get the yellow out now but there must be a tolex safe cleaning material?

Second is that I right now keep the amp in a school's boiler room, where i practice with a drummer, which keeps a pretty consistent to humid temperature yearly. I noticed however, whether directly related or not, that the 4 screws nearest to the handle of the cab on both sides are beginning to rust. I was shocked. Keep in mind that an orange cabs handle has 8 screws holding it in in total, with the 4 that are rusting in the center of the 8. Both sides handles have the rust. Now i don't know if its the oils from my hand or the new environment at the school its been in for about 2 weeks now, but obviously i want to prevent it and clean it up. Simple WD 40 fix, or something else to clean it off with and put Vaseline on it? I don't know but that's why I'm here.
I would just use a damp cloth and dish soap to lightly clean the tolex.
As for the screws, buy some clear nail polish and cover the heads of the screws with it. This will prevent any rusting.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Shrink wrap that badboy

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
are u guys serious that i should wrap it in plastic? i could do that though i do actually use it, so i assume just when i store it? also i already have rusting so do i get rid of that with wd 40?
Quote by xtreme1

Second is that I right now keep the amp in a school's boiler room, where i practice with a drummer, which keeps a pretty consistent to humid temperature yearly. I noticed however, whether directly related or not, that the 4 screws nearest to the handle of the cab on both sides are beginning to rust. I was shocked. Keep in mind that an orange cabs handle has 8 screws holding it in in total, with the 4 that are rusting in the center of the 8. Both sides handles have the rust. Now i don't know if its the oils from my hand or the new environment at the school its been in for about 2 weeks now, but obviously i want to prevent it and clean it up. Simple WD 40 fix, or something else to clean it off with and put Vaseline on it? I don't know but that's why I'm here.

oh wow.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
WD-40 isn't going to remove rust. You'll have to replace the screws.

You can use Auto Protectant Wipes to keep the cab clean.
Quote by Tom 1.0

oh wow.

useless post. but it does sounds worse than it is.
to clean tolex, i have used armorall cleaning stuff before (not the straight polish, the cleaner and polish). it works great.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by xtreme1
are u guys serious that i should wrap it in plastic? i could do that though i do actually use it, so i assume just when i store it? also i already have rusting so do i get rid of that with wd 40?

They are seriously suggesting it. You can also use tinfoil, may help with interference.

Get some galvanized screws. You'll be set for life. Shame on Orange for not at least going with some stailness steel.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
They are seriously suggesting it. You can also use tinfoil, may help with interference.

Get some galvanized screws. You'll be set for life. Shame on Orange for not at least going with some stailness steel.

i don't think stainless would have been a good choice from orange. stainless steel has a much lower tinsile strength than regular steel or galvanized, and when you have an 80-100 lb cabinet, a lot of force is applied to those screws, which might not be a good thing with low tensile strength. but galvanized would be a much better option, but seriously who keeps an amp in that much humidity???
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
ya a boiler room is not a good idea for your stuff. or for your health really. also you're shit is gonna grow mold. I'd get a dehumidifier down there and wrap everything in cellophane.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
yeah but its not on, i mean the building is still warm so when they do start using it ill find another place to put it, and yeah ill look into galvanized screws thats a good idea
Seems like a horrible place to keep gear. I hope you're not storinga guitar there.

Road cases are the answer to most gear related storage/maintainance. They don't come cheap, but are well worth it if you are intent on keeping things mint.

For a cab, an actual ATA case is pretty expensive. What i use for my 2x12 is just a standard 1 inch foam padded case with surface mounted latches (As opposed to the ATA recessed twist stuff).