Hi UG,

I really want a Digitech Whammy Pedal but the price is incredibly high and I seriously don't think I can afford it.

Anyway, I was wondering is their any copies of the Digitech Whammy that are half decent and of course, affordable that you can recommend for me?

Liam
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
I think you can use a Behringer pitch shifter and an expression pedal.

For me I'm probably going to buy a usb expression pedal and use it on Amplitube Metal's whammy pedal. Amplitube Metal only costs like 99 dollars.
Last edited by Clay-man at Sep 27, 2010,
I think BOSS makes a pitch shifter. But to be honest, you're best off just getting a Whammy used. I got one for $150, and that's not even the best used price for one. Just keep checking Ebay and your local classifieds, a good deal will come up sooner or later.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
I'm selling my Whamy. UK? Pm if interested
Fender Vintage Hot Rod 62 Stratocastor
Ibanez Artcore AS-103NT
->
TC Polytune
Xotic BB Preamp
Ibanez TS 808
Red Witch Empress
EHX Deluxe Memory Man XO
Carl Martin Hydra Boost
->
Fender Blues Deluxe
Whammy is the best out there out of all pitch shifters i guess!! otherwise ppl like satriani, me, and others like whammy god Buckethead and Morelo wouldnt use em..

still yeah as the guy said you can find it on RP models by digitech.. ppl claim it's complitely the same as the separate whammy pedal... indeed its got the same parameters.. i cant say if the quality is the same but ive got RP355 and im using it's whammy pedal and you can check it in my songs...
the link in my sig to my music. check the Disembodied flier for example from the middle of the song... ive got loads of whammy stuff out there. or any other songs... i use whammy in like 80% of the songs
i don't know why Digitech hasn't put out a Whammy jr. with just the right side octave effects. half the people who buy the whammy only use that side anyways.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I'm actually going to pick one of these up really soon. I do a have a question though, where would this go in the chain?

This is not like a normal wha so would be in the effects loops as opposed to first in the chain? My wha is a CFH.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana
First in the chain, i'd think, but there's not really any set rules when it comes to gear. experiment.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Chococat
I'm actually going to pick one of these up really soon. I do a have a question though, where would this go in the chain?

This is not like a normal wha so would be in the effects loops as opposed to first in the chain? My wha is a CFH.

It's not a wah at all, it's a pitch shifter. Completely different, it's a very distinct and unique effect.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by Jhachey22
i don't know why Digitech hasn't put out a Whammy jr. with just the right side octave effects. half the people who buy the whammy only use that side anyways.

Dude, a more compact pedalboard friendly version would ****in' KILL.

And look for them on the used market, threadstarter, You can find them for around 100.
Quote by Vendetta V
Whammy is the best out there out of all pitch shifters i guess!! otherwise ppl like satriani, me, and others like whammy god Buckethead and Morelo wouldnt use em..

still yeah as the guy said you can find it on RP models by digitech.. ppl claim it's complitely the same as the separate whammy pedal... indeed its got the same parameters.. i cant say if the quality is the same but ive got RP355 and im using it's whammy pedal and you can check it in my songs...
the link in my sig to my music. check the Disembodied flier for example from the middle of the song... ive got loads of whammy stuff out there. or any other songs... i use whammy in like 80% of the songs

Whammy is actually a pretty bad pitch shifter (that's coming from a guy who has one)- it tracks terribly compared to pitch shifters like the EHX POG (which is the of of best imo)

But for tricks, solos and general guitar-based fun....now that's another matter! :P
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Quote by forsaknazrael
Dude, a more compact pedalboard friendly version would ****in' KILL.

And look for them on the used market, threadstarter, You can find them for around 100.

Every single person who i've told this too had been like "FVCK YEAH, DOOD!". I've even sent an e-mail to digitech to suggest that they make it, but i never heard back

If I had any experience with electronics, I'd start bulding them myself.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by GNR4EVER
It's not a wah at all, it's a pitch shifter. Completely different, it's a very distinct and unique effect.

Thanks!
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana
Quote by Jhachey22
Every single person who i've told this too had been like "FVCK YEAH, DOOD!". I've even sent an e-mail to digitech to suggest that they make it, but i never heard back

If I had any experience with electronics, I'd start bulding them myself.

Dude, if it was DIYable, I would know about some sort of Whammy project by now.
Digital stuff is near unfeasible for the DIY community, for the most part.

And the industry is stupid. How long did it take for Ibanez to come with a WH-10 reissue? At least they made it with metal.
Quote by Redstar5wp
Whammy is actually a pretty bad pitch shifter (that's coming from a guy who has one)- it tracks terribly compared to pitch shifters like the EHX POG (which is the of of best imo)

But for tricks, solos and general guitar-based fun....now that's another matter! :P

If the actual Whammy is like the one I have, then yeah it's really crap for pitch shifting tracking, especially when pitch shifting up, it sounds like a garbled mess, but when used as a whammy effect and not a pitch shifter it is really awesome.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Dude, if it was DIYable, I would know about some sort of Whammy project by now.

Something like this??
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=61303.0

Any good with software, John?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

This is totally worth looking into, apparently there's a guy on that forum who can put the software on a chip for you.

...you know you wanna. Just the octave up effect in a crybaby enclosure, I do believe that would be quite marketable.

Quote by bogg808

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Sep 27, 2010,
Quote by mcraddict81592
This is totally worth looking into, apparently there's a guy on that forum who can put the software on a chip for you.

...you know you wanna. Just the octave up effect in a crybaby enclosure, I do believe that would be quite marketable.

Would be way more awesome if you put POG programming into a treadle enclosure
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by forsaknazrael
lol i are not wizard guise

This is like finding out Santa isn't real....

Quote by bogg808

Quote by Redstar5wp

dude im talking exactly about it! POG is way more powerful in the terms of possibilities.. but whammy is for different purposes.. its for using it live and on the go for solos and whatnot... the whole not-good tracking thing is just awesome... like it wouldnt be cool with just plain shifting in Buckethead's Jordan, King James or GnR's chinese democracy intro again by buckethead! see what i mean??
Quote by Vendetta V
that boss one looks cool.. i'll wait till he gets to connect an expression or something eyt watching the vid

I'm not totally sure what you meant...but you can use an expression pedal with it, it's at the very end. I wonder how hard it would be to rehouse one in a wah...

Quote by bogg808

the super bend thing wasnt bad but i guess itd kill the pedal soon enough...

yeah i saw teh octave down thing but i wonder how it does an octave up or 2 octaves up... with an expression... still id prefer whammy over it for whammy purposes.. as for harmony id go with harmony man
Quote by Vendetta V
the super bend thing wasnt bad but i guess itd kill the pedal soon enough...

yeah i saw teh octave down thing but i wonder how it does an octave up or 2 octaves up... with an expression... still id prefer whammy over it for whammy purposes.. as for harmony id go with harmony man

If you could put it in a wah though, you could have both in a relatively pedalboard friendly package. And, assuming you could wire it as such, you could use the treadle to control the wet/dry mix on the harmonies...I really wish I could wire a pedal myself..

Quote by bogg808

I've never been big on multi effects pedals. I would prefer to have each pedal specialize on one thing, and do it extremely well, rather than have a mediocre model of 200 effects.

Quote by bogg808

Haha, i would hope it does, it's by the same company.

Quote by bogg808