Okay so i recently got a B52 AT100 head. I would like to find a better cab for it though. right now im playing with that head, my ibanez RGexfm1, and a crate G412.

What do you think. Should i get a new cab? or should i just stick with my crate. I play mostly Metalcore/Hardcore stuff. And i work at bk so its not like i can go buy a crazy expensive cab
Yeah, crate cabs suck ass. Go for an orange 212 or 412.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
ya it has a really grainy sound to it. How much do those usually go for?

And i do play gigs so i'd probably go with the 4x12
Where do you live? In europe, you'll find one in good condition for 500€ second hand. New they are around 850 i think.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
You don't need a 4x12 for gigging. I have a 4x10 combo and it gets annoying hauling around this big box all the time. The other guitar player in my band has a 1x12 combo with a 1x12 extension and I can hear him just fine when we practice(we dont mic our amps when we practice).
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
Quote by LP_CL
Where do you live? In europe, you'll find one in good condition for 500€ second hand. New they are around 850 i think.

Well i dont live in europe haha. Im sure i could look on ebay and such for a used one.

Any suggestions on like what model? And maybe any other suggestions for a good deathcore/metalcore/hardcore any kinda core cab? Also im trying to find something under $1000
www.avatarspeakers.com

All of them are around 600 bucks shipped. Go with Vintage 30's or Hellatone 60's. Those are pretty much the standard in the metal industry.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Check out the new Whitebox cabs. http://www.whiteboxeng.com/ They're supposed to be great and the prices are right. I'll admit I haven't tried them yet though.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Unskathed
www.avatarspeakers.com

All of them are around 600 bucks shipped. Go with Vintage 30's or Hellatone 60's. Those are pretty much the standard in the metal industry.

how many ohms do you recomend? and mono or stero? sorry im kinda a gear noob.
I would recommend getting an Avatar if you don't want to spend a lot of money, and definitely check they're clearance. (Actually I just looked, looks like they updated and moved most of their stuff out - still have a contemporary 212 though $349+shipping).

As for ohms, just match it up with whatever outputs your head has. If it's switchable it honestly doesn't matter much. You will probably be using mono, stereo is really only useful if you have two amps. Multiple speaker outputs are intended more for running your amp through 2 separate speaker cabs.
Like Chris said, check the back of the amp for an impendence selector. Avatar sells their cabs in 8 and 16 ohms, I think. As for which impendence to use, a lot of people like running their amps at 16 to get the output tranny cooking, but 8 is just fine.

Also, I have the matching cab to your head with vintage 30's in it. Might be wiling to sell to you if you want a 4x12.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

I think I'm gonna go with the custom avatar G412 with Celestion G12H30's on the bottom and two Celestion V30's on top. It's supposed to be an amazing combo I hear. Thanks for the help guys really appreciate it
Look for a B52 LG412.. These are the best B52 cabs. They are the ones with the metal grille, the logo at the bottom and the bottom of the back enclosure is open. I have two and though they don't sound as good as my Vaders, they still sound pretty darn good. I only paid 150 a piece for them. And I'm sure you can find one around two hundred. They are also very oversized and heavy with plenty of lowend which will suit your playing style well.