Hello people of the indie and alternative forum. I'm lookin' for some new tunes. As far as indie and alternative goes, some of my favorite acts are Minus the Bear, As Tall as Lions, Phoenix, and so on.

I'm not too into MGMT, Passion Pit, or similar electronic-heavy artists.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer relatively newish artists who don't have a lot of albums. I find the more albums a band has when I try to get into them, the more quickly I give up in trying to find the good stuff.

Thanks in advance
I don't listen to much indie, but since I've been working at a college radio station, some has started to rub off on me. I really like El Ten Eleven. They are pretty chill, instrumental rock. The guitarist plays a double neck Les Paul, with one neck guitar, and the other bass. And he plays a part, loops it, and plays over it. They're really sick live. Its not really electronic, but they use some electronic drum beats, and sometimes the guitar/bass has a synthy sound to it.
Check out some stuff by "Yeasayer", "Two Door Cinema Club", "Delphic", "The Drums", "Air Waves" and "Frightened Rabbit".
Quote by hildesaw
I don't listen to much indie, but since I've been working at a college radio station, some has started to rub off on me. I really like El Ten Eleven. They are pretty chill, instrumental rock. The guitarist plays a double neck Les Paul, with one neck guitar, and the other bass. And he plays a part, loops it, and plays over it. They're really sick live. Its not really electronic, but they use some electronic drum beats, and sometimes the guitar/bass has a synthy sound to it.

El Ten Eleven is awesome, I second that.

Check out Moving Mountains. They're quite a bit more intense than any of the stuff you mentioned, but you'll probably like them.
I feel like I recommend Van She to just about everyone on UG, but it fits the bill quite well here.

They do use quite a bit of electronic influences but IMO it's really, really tastefully done and with good conviction. It's not there just to be there.

Also +1 on the Yeasayer recommendation.
One of my favourite bands right now is Local Natives. They only have one album out which is good for you. My friend played their album for me a couple times as background music while we were driving or hanging out and although I liked their sound I never thought much of it. He lent the CD to me and after about 5 listens I was in love with it. Although after one or two listens this album might not be extremely appealing, Give it a chance.
MGMT's newest album isn't electronic heavy in the least bit, it's psychedelic art rock type stuff:

Song for Dan Treacy
Siberian Breaks
Brian Eno

I'd recommend checking that out.

If you're really not up to giving it a chance (though you really should), I'd recommend Women. Great stuff.

Some tracks by them:

Shaking Hand
Locust Valley
Black Rice
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Sep 29, 2010,
You should really try out the Cribs, as well as like 007dude said, the Drums. In fact, I was just reading about the Drums in Exclaim newspaper. xD
Minus The Bear
The Honorary Title
Band Of Horses
Iron And Wine
Coconut Records
Dustin Kensrue
Albert Hammond Jr.
Vampire Weekend
Angus And Julia Stone
The Black Keys
City And Colour
Guster
Joseph Arthur
She And Him
Stars
Whitest Boys Alive
The Thrills
Sufjan Stevens
Spoon
Rogue Wave
The Perishers
Patrick Park
The Appleseed Cast
Alexi Murdoch
A.C. Newman

There you go that's indie and some folk rock
Minus the Bear rules. I'm currently obsessed with a band from Salem called Autopassion. They sound like a more awesome version of the Strokes. I'm pretty sure they're defunct but you can find one of their albums on iTunes. Also try Portugal. The Man, The Shins, Surfer Blood, TV on the Radio. Also, Young the Giant and Everest opened up for MtB, and they were good.
Quote by Don_Humpador
I feel like I recommend Van She to just about everyone on UG, but it fits the bill quite well here.

They do use quite a bit of electronic influences but IMO it's really, really tastefully done and with good conviction. It's not there just to be there.

Also +1 on the Yeasayer recommendation.

This.

"The Pains of Being Pure at Heart" as well perhaps. Really enjoying them at the minute and they're not really very electronica-y. They're touring in December as well
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?