Hi ,

Someone that my dad knows is selling his Marshall jcm 900 head for not much ... its collecting dust

I was wondering If I can unplug the speaker of my rocker 30 combo and play the head through that speaker ?

He lives to far away to go over and test it and the guy himself dont know anything about such things either.

The fact is , here at home , I dont have enough room to plant a cabinet to .

Thanks in advance ,

Cheers Dimi
If the speaker can handle the wattage and the OHMs match up, sure.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Hmm , oke , I'm fairly new at such stuff... but my rocker blasts 30 watt of fll tubes through that speaker ... won't 100 watts kill my amp then ?

And mostly heads are spread over 4 speaker cabinets ... now its all going through one. Or doesnt that matter ?
Quote by PearlFoo
Hmm , oke , I'm fairly new at such stuff... but my rocker blasts 30 watt of fll tubes through that speaker ... won't 100 watts kill my amp then ?

And mostly heads are spread over 4 speaker cabinets ... now its all going through one. Or doesnt that matter ?

100W won't kill the speaker unless you turn it up loud enough to do some damage. Keep the volume down until you can get a suitable cab for the JCM.

Hardley anyone runs a head through 4 cabinets. Most people use a single 4x12, 2x12 or even a small 1x12.
The Rocker 30 combo comes with a Vintage 30 speaker, which is 60 watts. If the JCM900 has a 16ohm output, you'd still need to either pull the power tubes in the JCM900, or buy an attenuator.

Or like Matt said, just keep the volume down and you'll be okay. If you plan on cranking it through, get a decent cab first.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Last edited by Unskathed at Sep 27, 2010,
Quote by PearlFoo

look at the back of your speaker. it should list it's handling capabilities I.E. the watts/OHMs.

Heads can being run into 4x12s has nothing to do with how much power they put out. it's just... tradition
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
This is what I found on my amp :

Celestion Vintage 30 speaker / 16 ohms

preamp : 22 x Ax7 ( ell 83) x3
output : ELB 4x2

^^this is for the orange amp itselfs , the tubes , but still I mention it , just in case

then

16 ohm and two 8 ohm entrances

mains input :
180 v.a. ( 1.56 a @115v )
main fuse : 220/240v T2AH
100/120 V TSAH

I have no idea whatsoever the JCM is suitable for this...

And It would be for room playing mainly , low volumes , and weekly bandrehearsing where it can get loud. Would it harm the speaker at rehearsing volumes ?

Offcourse a cab is for the near future , just not the money or the space for it now.
Would be a shame to grab next to the jcm , on the other hand I dont need it.
Just wanna know if it was suitable or possible

Thanks again for the quick responses !
You need to take off the back panel of the amp and have a look at the back of the speaker itself.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

why would you want to do this? the rocker 30 is better then the 900 in every way.
unless the 900 is an slx.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
On the Celestion site it says that the V30 handles 60 watts. if the JCM900 is the 50 watt version, you should be good.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
http://www.orangeamps.com/admin/downloads/Rockerverb30-Manual.pdf

Hope this link will clear everything out ... its open back , I can see the speaker
there are soms pics on the link.

Its just very little money , and my music styles are quite diverse...it would come in handy and if not I could always sell it , but thats not my intention .

The rocker 30 isnt very reliable ( sorry , sloppy english , trusty ? reliable ? hmm...) a backup is always handy

edit:
Oh and jhachey , its the 100 watt head...
one like this : http://nl.kapaza.be/west-vlaanderen-aangrenzende-provinces/marshall-jcm-900-head-prima-staat-51802236.htm
Last edited by PearlFoo at Sep 27, 2010,
If you can get it on the cheap then you'd be stupid not to. I'd love to come across an old dust covered Marshall someone just wanted to get rid of.

A nice 900 can bring $700 or more used, depending on exact model, if your thinking of re-selling.