So, I love the acoustic tone I get through my Ibanez ACA 10 amp, things tough as hell too, I took the amp itself out for a long and just tossed it around cause I was too lazy to put it back in. But now it's back in, and I'm playing it, and for a little bitty amp it's pretty loud, but it tends to distort if the volume goes over 2. It also has the best sounding chorus I've ever heard on it.

So I was wondering, how can I make this amp bigger with more wattage so it'll be gig worthy, without having to mic it. Do I need to rebuild the circuit with a larger OT or something? Or can I just add a larger OT to it then add a larger speaker to it. Or can I just use the old board and add a larger transformer and OT to it?

I'm looking for specs and a wiring diagram, but this is what the back of the amp says:

~120V AC
60HZ
Power source

11W
Power
Consumption

F500mA/250V
Primary Fuse
Solid state amps don't have output transformers. The only way you can make it a bigger amp is to remove the old power transistors and put more powerful ones in. I couldn't tell you whether your power transformer could handle them. Also, all the components that support the power transistors would probably have to be changed.

It's most likely not going to be easy or cheap.
A sensitive 12 inch speaker will definitely help. Making that amp higher wattage will be difficult.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
The size of the speaker doesn't matter for volume. It's the "efficiency" of the speaker. If you put a more efficient speaker in there, you'll get more sound.

Sensitivity is another word for efficiency in speakers. A 10w amp through a 100dB speaker is just as loud as a 100w amp through a 90dB speaker.

Here's a list of eminence 12" speakers. The sensitivity is given. The higher the number, the louder the amp. http://eminence.com/guitar.asp?speaker_size=12

If I were you, I'd avoid modifying the amp with different transistors. There are some many ways for it to go wrong.
Quote by end_citizen
The size of the speaker doesn't matter for volume. It's the "efficiency" of the speaker. If you put a more efficient speaker in there, you'll get more sound.

Sensitivity is another word for efficiency in speakers. A 10w amp through a 100dB speaker is just as loud as a 100w amp through a 90dB speaker.

Here's a list of eminence 12" speakers. The sensitivity is given. The higher the number, the louder the amp. http://eminence.com/guitar.asp?speaker_size=12

If I were you, I'd avoid modifying the amp with different transistors. There are some many ways for it to go wrong.

Well, the speaker in there is 6.5 inches, it kinda sucks.

Idk, I got my stock VK speaker lying around, think that might work, I know the ACA10 is 8ohms, but the VK speaker is 16ohms, any way to change that?

Either that or I can save up for this bad boy: http://eminence.com/acousticguitar_speaker_detail.asp?model=ACOUSTINATORCX2008&speaker_size=8&SUB_CAT_ID=6
IIRC, solid state amps can handle higher impedances just fine. Don't try that before someone who knows this stuff confirms, though.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!