How does a tube amp work?

I know it has tubes but:

- Do you still have to plug in on the electricity?
- The tubes that come with the guitar last or do we have to buy new ones when they're off?

I know that it's a prrety basic question but I tried googling it but no specific answers
Love the Guitar
Gear:
- Ibanez SZR520
- Peavey Vypyr 30w
- Alhambra 2C Classical Guitar
- Tortex .88mm/Jazz III 1.38mm
- Elixir Nanoweb Strings (.009)
Do you still have to plug in on the electricity?

Nope. The tubes operate on a principle developed in the early twentieth century by John Galt, an engineer who discovered that atmospheric static electricity provides an infinite supply of energy that can be harvested on the ground.

The tubes that come with the guitar last or do we have to buy new ones when they're off?

Tubes wear out.
Quote by jpnyc

Nope. The tubes operate on a principle developed in the early twentieth century by John Galt, an engineer who discovered that atmospheric static electricity provides an infinite supply of energy that can be harvested on the ground.

This is excellent
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Custom '86 Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
Quote by jpnyc

The tubes that come with the guitar last or do we have to buy new ones when they're off?

Tubes wear out.

Fantastic sir. What a truly kind forum dweller.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
atmospheric static electricity provides an infinite supply of energy that can be harvested on the ground.

Why are there still so many energy problems in the world?
Quote by Strat'z
How does a tube amp work?

I know it has tubes but:

- The tubes that come with the guitar last or do we have to buy new ones when they're off?

I know that it's a prrety basic question but I tried googling it but no specific answers

- Yes, you still have to plug it in.

- Tubes are in the amp, not the guitar. They do wear out over time and eventually need to be replaced.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Quote by jpnyc

Genius

Even I was fooled
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

How much do new tubes cost and how much time till they wear off?
Love the Guitar
Gear:
- Ibanez SZR520
- Peavey Vypyr 30w
- Alhambra 2C Classical Guitar
- Tortex .88mm/Jazz III 1.38mm
- Elixir Nanoweb Strings (.009)
Quote by TomG10-7
Genius

Even I was fooled

I wasn’t sure people would get the reference
Quote by ethan_hanus
Wait...

What? You can't be this stupid, if you are, God help us all.

At one time you didn't know this stuff either so stfu, please.

Strat'z, tubes will wear out in as little as a handful of months or a year or two depending on how much you play. Generally speaking, your tone and overall volume will start to sound icky and thats when its time to change them up. Most people will put new tubes in an amp as soon as they buy it, regardless of how old the current tubes are. Putting new tubes in can cost as little as $20 dollars or as much $150+
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.

Nah, it runs on horse semen.

Fresh horse semen.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?