Question one:
The Fender Blues Junior seems to be a pretty good amp, judging by some online reviews, it fits my style of music, and I can get one used for 400 US dollars where I live, which is a tad above my price range, but seemingly worth it.
But before I decide the Fender Blues is the way to go, does UG know of any comparable amps I should look into?

Question two:
I wasn't planning on buying my first electric and amp right now, 'cause I'm an unemployed teenager who kinda needs Christmas funds. However, if I can convince my parents that THIS is a crazy deal, they'll buy it now, but I'll be indebted to them until I have my cash.
Considering the Blues Deluxe is about 750 new, and about 600 used (*this is based off of a handful of Craigslist listings, and may not be accurate*) is it indeed a crazy deal?

Question three:
If the Blues Junior is an all-tube amp, why doesn't it have a standby?
Last edited by PrettyLittleLP at Sep 27, 2010,
1. It's a nice amp, although I hated the drive on it. Pretty fizzy. Cleans are nice though
2. I'm no expert on used prices in the US but it seems like a nice deal
3. Not all tube amps have a standby switch. It just depends. Just that it's tube doesn't mean it has a standby.
Not all tube amps have a standby switch. It just depends. Just that it's tube doesn't mean it has a standby.

Ah, thanks. So, a tube amp without a standby switch doesn't need warm-up time, similar to a solid-state?