Page 1 of 3
(I have a rare last name, for the sake of this thread assume it's Gandhi)

I recently saw my grandpa, who rambled on about various subjects, like how Obama's a Muslim, how Catholicism is the only way into heaven and how Supreme Court judge Sonya Sotomayor is a baby eater. But one thing caught my eye (ear), he said that if I want the Gandhi name to live on, I MUST get married and have a kid. At length, he explained that I was the last of my kind how was able to pass the Gandhi name down to my child. I feel so much pressure.

Anyone else in this situation?
I was actually the FIRST with my last name. Completely opposite.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
No not really...but how old are you???

my advice would be to not think about it really...
it's very possible that you grow older you will meet your sweetheart and have kids, you can0t know that now..don't let it pressure you at this moment..i'm sure you have other things to think about!!
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I am but my last name is common.
Supreme Court judge Sonya Sotomayor is a baby eater

Da f*ck?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Yeah, I know the feeling. Luckely I give a shit about the surname and first name.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by Krieger91
No not really...but how old are you???

my advice would be to not think about it really...
it's very possible that you grow older you will meet your sweetheart and have kids, you can0t know that now..don't let it pressure you at this moment..i'm sure you have other things to think about!!

lol learan to sarcdasm u idiot
My last name has like, 4 chances i believe? its also extremley rare. And the most English name ever.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Yep, I'm the best shot for the last name to live, and sadly, my mom's maiden name ends with her (at least in the bloodline).
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Yeah, my last name is common, but I'm the last male of my particular family tree who can carry the name forward.

If I don't have kids/only have a daughter who gets married and changes her name, then the Moore name in my family ends.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I've got a brother, but he is a ginger and thus will not reproduce. So its up to me too, man.
My last name is shared with someone rather famous (not out of choice, a victim), and it's a relatively common Irish last name, so I guess I'm not in the position to have to continue it. Hell, if whoever my wife is has a cooler last name might just take that.
Quote by guylee
Lord Buzzkillington?

The first part is correct. But not the second.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
You must go out and make babies! Go on! You might get hit by a bus or something and you wont be able to make babies! Find a female and MAKE BABIES!

No pressure, though.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Dude, your granddad is old fashioned and irrational. Live your own life man.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

my name is ridicilously common in the netherlands, but me and my brother are the only male descendants in of our part of the bloodline. Not feeling any pressure though, I'll start thinking about making babies in 10 years or so.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
YES!! My last name is rare to the point that if you have my last name, then ur related to me.
Quote by Invader Jim

I am so glad this is a multiple choice poll because I want to personally kill all of them. You get a GOLD STAR!

^ i have a gold star from a homicidal maniac!
My last name is Williams, so even if I don't pass on the name, there are still a shitton of Williams' out there.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I am and I was suppose to be the fifth generation to farm in our family so we could keep that tradition alive but I didn't want to be a farmer so here I am sitting at my University studying to became a Computer Network and Security major. So this picture is related:

The gun in my mouth was real.
And the taste?
lolnah.

My name's Docherty. Not only will it live on, but it will live on in a variety of arbitrary spellings.

Even if that wasn't the case, I wouldn't give a shit.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I know the feeling as well. It's down to me and my brother to carry on the name, and he's having a baby in about a month.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Kind of... My name is NOT rare, but I am the last male in my bloodline and I do feel pressure about having to make sure the people like me and my dad keep on cumin.
cwutahdidthair?
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Not really. O'Reilly isn't that uncommon a last name. Even if my brother and I are the last in our extended family to have it.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
When I was born my Grandpa said, "Well now the 4433 name will live on!"

But I don't feel pressure for it to continue, even though my last name is crazy awesome.

AND NONE OF YOU WILL KNOW IT!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by MakinLattes
I hope this name dies out.

Me too. Lattes is a terrible surname.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I've already got an older sibling with two children carrying on my last name, and it's not that common. It's kind of cool actually, my dad is Richard *lastname* Jr. My oldest brother is Richard the 3rd, and his firstborn is Richard the 4th. I really hope they keep it going.
Quote by JayT44
I know the feeling as well. It's down to me and my brother to carry on the name, and he's having a baby in about a month.

Wow. Your brother is going to be fucking famous.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 3