Anyone else heard of these guys? Finnish melodeth band that jumps on the bandwagon of mixing folk aspects. They incorporate japanese instruments and themes about samurai and stuff. Sounds sort of retarded, I know, but the traditional instruments are kept separate from the metal, and the combination is quite epic and awesome.

If you like, say, Children of Bodom or eluveitie these guys will probably be agreeable with your ears. Here's the samples on the website, some of the better songs are linked but the rest of the album is fantastic. If your going to listen to the title track, find the intro track first because they build into each other beautifully.

http://www.whisperedband.com/
http://www.myspace.com/whisperedband

Check them out!
I watched the video on their Myspace. It's kinda cool, but doesn't quite grab me. Plus they keep using "that" Bodom keyboard sound!
Quote by Jody LeCompte
"My personal preference has always been for a rack unit. One less thing to play dance dance revolution with on your pedalboard"

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Blindfold is definitely not the best song they've got. It sounds more like Bodom than Whispered to me as well. it is good, but it lacks the epicness. Thousand Swords is a better example, IMO.
Lol just give it a try, its basically epic melodeath with japanese themes.

And, if your going to buy the album, be wary of the fact that "Dead Cold Inside" and "Sword in the snow" are much more slow and epic. They are outstanding tracks, but know that there is a bit of a change of pace that isn't straight melodeath
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
this is far better than CoB, I don't care what anyone else says. At least Whispered's lyrics seem to be coherent and not a drunk rambling mess of swearing. And the music isn't totally shitty like CoB's.

That said, it's still boring. Really, really boring.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Shitty band. The other ninja metal band is better
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by SeveredSurvival
What the fuck is samurai metal?

Gimmicky garbage to grab a niche market?
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Won't lie,this makes me chuckle.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

hahaha what the hell

guitar tone is awful, the music itself sounds so dumb, it's kind of hilarious.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
^ you see what i mean,it's bad enough to be entertaining.Thoose melodies and the vocals crack me up.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Burning_Angel
this is far better than CoB, I don't care what anyone else says. At least Whispered's lyrics seem to be coherent and not a drunk rambling mess of swearing. And the music isn't totally shitty like CoB's.

chump
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland