what would you consider to be the best OD pedal to be used in conjunction with a Vox AC30?

Basically, I love the tone of the AC30 both clean and overdriven, but damn it, i only get to choose one at a time when I play live and I'd like to know what pedal I could use to basically turn it into somewhat of a "2 channel amp" when I play live and I leave the channel on a very slightly overdriven clean tone

I like a really punchy od tone with plenty of note clarity and responsiveness, but sometimes a distorted channel is a distorted channel. I just wouldn't prefer a compressed metal-like sound, I already have an mt-2 for those horribly tinny tones :P
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
I've heard some good things about the Digitech Bad Monkey, maybe you could try that out. But may I ask what's wrong with using your TS9?
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
Last edited by gbgg9409 at Sep 27, 2010,
the tone is not that great, not to me at least :P
it'll do, but i was wondering what i could use that could be better
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
I heard a lot of AC30 user say that the Crowther Audio Hotcake is a perfedct match with that amp, check it out
hmm, A timmy might work...

EDIT: Also look into an Xotic AC Booster and a Wampler Cranked AC
Last edited by bogg808 at Sep 27, 2010,
What exactly is it about the TS-9 that you don't like? Not transparent enough? Too middy? Too muddy? Fizzy? Fuzzy? Trebly?

If I can figure out what you dislike about the Tube Screamer I may have a solution or two.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
The classic pedal to use with an AC30 is a Dallas Rangemaster clone. The Analogman one is good. They're a "treble booseter" which is in essence a mild overdrive with an emphasis on the highs. They can do anything from a slightly altered clean tone to old deep purple. But with a AC30 or other big amp, it will definitely be loud before the amp really responds right.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Big +1 to the Rangemaster and Hotcake
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
+187669 to the Crowther hotcake.. That'd be absolutely perfect.
An AC booster would be good too. Personally, I like a mild overdrive and a clean boost together.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Learn to use your guitar volume control and picking dynamics better.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
For an AC30 you need two things. One a distortion pedal (even something cheap like a DS-2 sounds great with it), and two an A/B pedal. So your line goes, Distortion --> A/B --1> normal clean or --2> top boost with top boost volume past 7.
You will just have to try different distortions on your normal input till you find one you like, every person likes different sounds, and the Vox AC30 is a unique amp and interacts with pedals with huge differences compared to your standard amp. It doesn't really need an overdrive pedal if you use the A/B box for the two channels.
(PS, you will never get a metal sound out of an AC30, it just wasn't built for it)
Rangemaster or other treble booster.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--