Hello all,

It's been a long time since I've been in a band but I'm back in business with The Shy Talks.

We have three songs recorded for streaming and download here on reverb nation, free of course!

You can also find us on Facebook, Myspace and Lastfm if you like the sound and want to watch out for us.

The only upcoming gig at the moment is Friday 1st October, The Lucorum, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK.

eCookie for getting the joke in the name also!

Any comments are welcome, but please keep in mind we are aware the quality isn't perfect!

Thanks

Dan, The Shy Talks.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
A group of best friends are sitting at a round table in a restaurant. They're discussing a hot topic. One of the friends is sitting in the corner not talking. Most people would say this friend is timid, inhibited, and/or passive.

They would label this friend, "shy."

However, couldn't this friend be someone who is tired of talking when no one is listening?

Couldn't this friend be someone who has no need to prove their knowledge of the subject matter?

Couldn't this friend be sympathetic enough not to insult the intelligence of others?
Quote by johnmary
A group of best friends are sitting at a round table in a restaurant. They're discussing a hot topic. One of the friends is sitting in the corner not talking. Most people would say this friend is timid, inhibited, and/or passive.

They would label this friend, "shy."

However, couldn't this friend be someone who is tired of talking when no one is listening?

Couldn't this friend be someone who has no need to prove their knowledge of the subject matter?

Couldn't this friend be sympathetic enough not to insult the intelligence of others?

I do like the thinking!

However, I'm afraid not. In good old Yorkshire, we refer to most vermin birds (such as pigeons and seagulls) as Shite Hawks. Given the language, we figured most places wouldn't want that plastered all over their advertisements etc so just made it sound that way.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know