I want to get it on my mac g5 and I have no idea on how to do that. One of my childhood friends had it on his PC and I was wondering if I could do it with a mac.
I thought you wanted tactics for battles or wut.
Oh well.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
One of your childhood friends has been downloading illegal ROMs. Report him to the police at once.

Its not illegal to use emulators and ROMs if you have the original game and the console, or at least your own copy of the console's BIOS.

Anyway, I know of various emulators that work on Windows, but no idea for Macs.
Last edited by mishax92 at Sep 27, 2010,
Quote by mishax92
Its not illegal to use emulators and ROMs if you have the original game and the console, or at least your own copy of the console's BIOS.

Anyway, I know of various emulators that work on Windows, but no idea for Macs.

If he had the original game and console, he would not need to download illegal software to play the game.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
If he had the original game and console, he would not need to download illegal software to play the game.

even if his game and system were old and approaching the end of their years? what if the copy of the rom was from his own game? same for the ps bios? thats not illegal, thats just being frugal and not spending more money on the same game over and over and over.

TS - talking about video game emulation borders on piracy and i think you can get modded for it. might wanna just look to other resources for your answer
Last edited by z4twenny at Sep 27, 2010,
Quote by z4twenny
even if his game and system were old and approaching the end of their years? what if the copy of the rom was from his own game? same for the ps bios? thats not illegal, thats just being frugal and not spending more money on the same game over and over and over.

Be that as it may, by downloading torrents of the illegal software you are still seeding it for others to download and play illegally, which is in direct violation of copywright laws.
Quote by epiless
I want to get it on my mac g5 and I have no idea on how to do that. One of my childhood friends had it on his PC and I was wondering if I could do it with a mac.

I think I've solved the problem here.

But seriously, I think you can get it on DS...if you have a DS.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Be that as it may, by downloading torrents of the illegal software you are still seeding it for others to download and play illegally, which is in direct violation of copywright laws.

no one said he downloaded it from a torrent, you assumed he torrented it. you know what happens when you assume.
Quote by z4twenny
no one said he downloaded it from a torrent, you assumed he torrented it. you know what happens when you assume.

Unless he proves otherwise, I'm forced to assume that he's a thief. You can't trust people.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Unless he proves otherwise, I'm forced to assume that he's a thief. You can't trust people.

Do you have music on your computer that you ripped from CD's? If so, until you prove otherwise I will assume you torrented it all because you can't trust people.
Quote by rjdusa
Do you have music on your computer that you ripped from CD's? If so, until you prove otherwise I will assume you torrented it all because you can't trust people.

You looking for a fight?
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
One of your childhood friends has been downloading illegal ROMs. Report him to the police at once.

Better yet, you could take the law into your own hands and kill him, rob his house, and sodomize his wife.

It's the best way to play Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy = Hentai, right?
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
You looking for a fight?

Very compelling argument good sir. No I am trying to show you that your logic is not sound. Anyone can take their own legal copy of the game and make an ISO of it, just like anyone can take their CD and rip an MP3 from it. Just because piracy is possible doesn't mean it's the only solution.
Quote by rjdusa
Very compelling argument good sir. No I am trying to show you that your logic is not sound. Anyone can take their own legal copy of the game and make an ISO of it, just like anyone can take their CD and rip an MP3 from it. Just because piracy is possible doesn't mean it's the only solution.

You can prove anything with facts, can't you?
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
You can prove anything with facts, can't you?

Anything that is factual I suppose, but that's irrelevant to anything said thus far.
Quote by rjdusa
Anything that is factual I suppose, but that's irrelevant to anything said thus far.

That torrenting is illegal and therefore wrong?
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
That torrenting is illegal and therefore wrong?

Which has what to do with anything I have said? I gave a counterexample showing that your assumptions are incorrect and now your spewing random facts. I will agree torrenting is wrong for the sake of replying to your post in some way, I have said nothing against this.
Quote by rjdusa
Which has what to do with anything I have said? I gave a counterexample showing that your assumptions are incorrect and now your spewing random facts. I will agree torrenting is wrong for the sake of replying to your post in some way, I have said nothing against this.

No you didn't
Since I don't care to PM you or be ridiculed by my good friend Ninja Vampirate, I'll tell you this, TS. Google PS1 emulators and find a ROM of Final Fantasy Tactics.

And Ninja Vampirate, I recall you downloading a FFIX or VII or VIII emulator at one point (I don't remember which one anymore.) My memory is piss poor, especially when remembering who in the GT has played what games, so I could be wrong, and please excuse my accusations if I am, but I'm pretty sure you have.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
No you didn't

Well seeing as this has gone on a complete tangent I see no reason to try to reason with you.

TS there are legal ways to do it using your own copies as stated above, but because many people are like this person and assume it has been obtained illegally it is frowned on, an possibly bannable, to go into detail. Good luck. I hope you find the information you are looking for.
Where's Arclite and his torrents make devman sad pic when you need him
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Quote by rjdusa
Well seeing as this has gone on a complete tangent I see no reason to try to reason with you.

TS there are legal ways to do it using your own copies as stated above, but because many people are like this person and assume it has been obtained illegally it is frowned on, an possibly bannable, to go into detail. Good luck. I hope you find the information you are looking for.

There are many methods of finding these things out, such as yahoo and bing, which make these threads a waste of time
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
I would never do such an immoral thing, how dare you accuse me

Yep, I'm now certain you did it. I don't remember which one, but now I know you're trolling you silly person. Everyone move along now. TS google emulators and ROMs and all that fun stuff, and NVP will go back to the GT where he belongs and life will continue as normal.
Quote by cornmancer
Yep, I'm now certain you did it. I don't remember which one, but now I know you're trolling you silly person. Everyone move along now. TS google emulators and ISOs and all that fun stuff, and NVP will go back to the GT where he belongs and life will continue as normal.

Fixed.
Quote by cornmancer
Yep, I'm now certain you did it. I don't remember which one, but now I know you're trolling you silly person. Everyone move along now. TS google emulators and ROMs and all that fun stuff, and NVP will go back to the GT where he belongs and life will continue as normal.

That would be IX. But I bought 2 copies of VIII because the 3rd disc got scratched, so you know. Whatever. I deserve it.

And hey, I'm not a troll. Usually. Only in stupid threads. If I'm bored.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
And hey, I'm not a troll. Usually. Only in stupid threads. If I'm bored.

I think you've provided overwhelming proof that, regardless of whether you believe you are a troll or not, you are indisputably "trolling."

Quote by rjdusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmancer
Yep, I'm now certain you did it. I don't remember which one, but now I know you're trolling you silly person. Everyone move along now. TS google emulators and ISOs and all that fun stuff, and NVP will go back to the GT where he belongs and life will continue as normal.

Fixed.

It depends on the original format. If the game was on disk, then its ISOs (or other disk formats such as .daa) to look for. If it was originally on cartridge, then its ROMs.
The problem is that you are trying to play a game you don't own for a console you don't own on a Mac.

It's triple negative.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"