Hey, I'm quitting a band right now that I've been a part of for about 3 years, and we recently won a local Battle Of The Bands competition and a grand prize of £1000. I'm in possession of the money, and seeing as there is 5 of us, I'm planning on leaving with my share of £200.

My (ex)band members aren't on good terms with me and are trying to not let me leave with this share of the prize money that I helped win. What does everyone think?
Burn all the money on your lawn.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
If you helped win it, then you should leave with your share, fair and square.

Although it does seem odd that you win that much money and then quit.
Donate it to the band.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
If you helped win it, then you should leave with your share, fair and square.

Although it does seem odd that you win that much money and then quit.

It is odd, but there's been personal shit going down between me and my drummer('s family and lead singer who's been living with him for a few months) for a long time now and I'm fed up and don't want to be part of his life anymore.
Well, mail their portion to them. That way, if they wanna be dicks about it, you can avoid them being dicks.
Send them a bouquet of flowers in the mail explaining that you have fled to Jordan with all the prize money and they'll have to pursue you across the border if they want to see their share.

Then when they least expect it, don't flee the country.
It's definitively yours man, you won your share and after that point it's yours.
It's like quitting your job and your boss asking to get your last salary back, doesn't make any sense.
Quote by A-G-guitarist
It is odd, but there's been personal shit going down between me and my drummer('s family and lead singer who's been living with him for a few months) for a long time now and I'm fed up and don't want to be part of his life anymore.

If there's that going on, what do they expect you to do? You might as well get SOMETHING back from all the work you put in to get the money in the first place, and if you were a full member of the band contributing as much as the others then it's only fair.
Leave with your money and let them RAVLE RAVLE RAVLE all they want.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Fap. Hard.

Solves everything.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
You definitely deserve the money. You worked for it = you get paid for it. That's not even like your boss asking for you last salary back, it's like a coworker asking for your salary after you quit because you don't work there any more. It makes no sense.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I don't see a problem with wanting your share, to be honest.

I can understand the other view, in the fact its the band's money - but still.

Its yours, bro.
RIP Tom Searle.
Gently remind them you are in possession of all the money and if they want to be dicks about it then they might end up having a hard time getting their share of the money let alone yours.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Thanks everyone, I'm not usually good at holding my ground in arguments of this nature and I'm really glad I've turned out to be in the right about this. I was almost half expecting everyone to be telling me how it's the bands money and I'm screwing them over.