is it bad to leave a Blackstar HT-DistX plugged in for long periods of time? i accidentally did this and not i get this screeching sound from it... how can i fix this?
turned it off and on again?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
doubt it - besides it says on the manual that the valve isnt 'user servicable'...

Every product in the world sas that now so they donpt get sued if you electrocute yourself or whatever.

How long exactly did you leave it on for?
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
hmmm then i wonder what that screeching noise could be... any ideas? this is my setup.... fender roc pro 1000>furman SPB-8>crybaby original>PS-8>MXR 10-band EQ>DD-7>CS-3>Seymour Duncan Pick-Up booster>Blackstar HT-Distx>Ibanez TS-9>NS-2>Schecter C-1 Plus
i accidentally left it on for about 24 hours.... didnt realize that i left it on when i left the house.
S it didn't make the screeching noise at all before you left it on? Or did it make it, just not as much? Aso it is like a hissy screech or full on death metal feedback screeching?
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
it made the noise a little bit before i left it on... but that was only with my jackson KE3. The sound seems to go away when i turn the volume down on my pickups... but when i play and then mute the strings, i get the sound again. Its like... a very high frequency scream... idk how to describe it.
You're playing too loudly and standing to close to your amp it sounds like.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
im about 7 feet away on the right side of the amp. the Roc Pro is at about 1.5 and the DistX is at 12 oclock.
Was it on standby?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Rght. If it goes away when you use your guitar controls then it's probably a problem before the amp, i.e., the guitar or effects. Try plugging your guitar straight into the amp. Turn the volume on your guitar all the way up, and the volume on your amp off. If it's screeching still, you're ****ed.
If not, then turn the volume on your guitar down til it is only screeching a bit. Then vary the volume on your amp. If the volume of the screeching changes when you're varying the volume on your amp, then the screeching is happening somewhere before your volume control, which means could be guitar, or could be tubes.
You need to find and amp that works and plug your guitar into it. If it screeches itps your guitar. If not, find a guitar you know for a fact is perfect and plug it into your amp. If it screeches, it's your amp. Hope this helped,
Adam
Quote by Duv
its gotta be something with my effects.... i plugged my entire chain into a different amp and i got the same results...
Okay. Now plug only your guitar into a different amp. If it screeches it's obv your guitar, if not then it's obv your effects...
Quote by Duv
hey guys! i think i found the problem! my pedal board is the culprit... but idk why or how....
Quote by SynGatesFan1
there is no battery.... only an adapter... could the tube have gone bad?

probably not... is it even doing anything? SHENANIGANS!

EDIT: glad to hear it's fixed
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?