So I am going to buy an Ibanez S540 this week, which I already have the money for. But I am also selling my Jackson and Valvetronix to a friend for 530$. So the S540 is going to be my main man (will be only guitar for a while) but I want a fixed bridge as my backup (to practice at home and change tunings) and I want a 7 string at the same time. I've got a Schecter Omen 7 Extreme lined up to buy for 250$ which is a pretty good deal I'm thinking. I don't have the moeny to buy 2 different guitars so I was thinking why don't I just use my Ibanez for my band and at shows and use the 7 string as a backup. I was thinking i could tune all the strings but the last one to the same tuning as my 6 string and use it as a backup in case i break a string or something on my ibanez during a show. Is this a stupid idea?
I don't really see why it would be a stupid idea. I mean, the Ibanez would be better in quality anyway, and you'd have a fixed seven, so it seems like it would be a win-win to me.
If you really want a new guitar, just use the extra money and buy something a bit nicer than an s540. I had an S series for awhile, and I honestly kind of loathed it. With the extra cash you might even be able to pick up a Prestige model if you're set with an Ibanez, which you would be better off with.
Quote by Bulls_on_Parade
If you really want a new guitar, just use the extra money and buy something a bit nicer than an s540. I had an S series for awhile, and I honestly kind of loathed it. With the extra cash you might even be able to pick up a Prestige model if you're set with an Ibanez, which you would be better off with.

Dude its a MIJ 97 S540. I played this S540 and A prestige S5470 the same day at a store and prefered the S540. It's pretty much totally the same anyway.
ibanez as a thin kneck just like jackson... sometimes thinner... but like i say get and do what makes you happy as you are the one buying it and or using it...
I guess I worded it wrong. I meant that the neck thinness and the way the guitar sits on your lap together make the feel of it weird.

Also, I bought the guitar used with a hard case, the VT tuner picks and cables. I pretty much bought it off a broken dream for 250$ so I'm making some pretty good coin on this anyway.
Last edited by Levi79 at Sep 27, 2010,