Page 1 of 2
So I owe my buddy Greg (not on the boards here but he's a great guy and quit guitar since he's gotta work more now unfortunately, damn economy) for this so hugely it's ridiculous.

..Without further ado..

It's a VHT Deliverance 60!

Now, I've seen these go for anywhere from $900-$1,200 depending on the condition and lemme tell you, this one is in primo, practically new condition and just been retubed as well Practically stolen for $600. (Although I'm sure MatrixClaw or AcousticMirror would've beaten 'em down to $400 or something.. jeez do THEY get all the ridiculous deals..)

Anyways, obligatory tube/back shot!

Now onto the review.
Well, right from the get-go I loved the the clean tones I was getting outta this amp, I mean seriously, the KT-88s just absolutely RULE for cleans. Needless to say, blows the 6262's cleans outta the water and then some (although that's not saying much )
Practically infinite clean headroom which is absolutely awesome I will say. It also does a killer lightly overdriven kinda bluesy tone as well which I found surprising since everything VHT I've ever heard was very.. metal. Really picks up a lot of the nuances from my playing and such (even through the Bugera's speakers, soon to be replaced with v30 filled 2x12). Does a great great GREAT br00tz tone too which is what I believe these are geared towards but I probably won't be playing much of t3h br00tz very often. I have found the ultimate in thickly overdriven amps though. Perfect for the heavier blues I love playin'. All-in-all this is just an awesome amp and although I'm still in the "honey-moon" phase of having it, I'm sure I'll continue to love this thing just as much 'cos of the sheer amazing tone quality. Only gripes are that it doesn't have an effects loop , and my Bugera spoiled me with having 2 separate clean/lead channels but oh well, beyond that, it's just an overall awesome amp and I can't wait to get my cab (whenever that day comes) instead of these crappy Bugera speakers to play through.

Amazing amp. Great tone.

I go to the Fryette website all the time to listen to the Deliverance 120 clip
cool. hnad
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
nice, really liked the one i tried.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sweet!! HNAD
very nice
HNAD!
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
thats a great sounding amp. i had the same one for over a year until last month
Whaaaat!!!!!!
bitchin'

HNAD
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
great score buddy - do the right thing - head over to the fryette website and order yours a fryette nameplate to replace the VHT one
http://www.sfdamp.com/support_form.aspx

The VHT plate is so much cooler than Fryette
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
HNAD
I really wanted a VHT when I was still into death metal/metalcore and stuff. The tone Unearth got from the Deliverance for their third album was absolutely killer. Glad to hear it can do good clean/lightly overdriven tones as well!
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

^ a fryette will do everything. the deliverance had great clean sounds. so does the pitbull.
A bunch of people on other forums that aren't even high gainers have been going crazy over the sig:x.

fanboi alert. ya it's me.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
The VHT nameplate does look a lot more awesome than the Fryette one IMO. Kinda of simple and badass all in one. Thanks for all the HNADs guys
Last edited by xStratcatx at Sep 27, 2010,
^ yeah, **** you fryette and your effeminate surname!

kidding. but yeah vht sounds and looks cooler on the front of an amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like the Fryette logo And better to wave the Fryette flag than those bastards that jewed him out.
I was thinking about making my OWN faceplate for it outta diamond plate that just said "Piggy"..

Hope someone gets that reference..
you paid $600???? Ill buy it for $700 right now
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by xStratcatx
VHT Deliverance 60

Quote by xStratcatx

$600

Quote by xStratcatx

$600

Quote by xStratcatx

$600

Quote by xStratcatx

$600

I hate you.
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
Quote by MatrixClaw

The VHT plate is so much cooler than Fryette

+1000

If I had a fryette, I would be looking for a VHT plate. HNAD and great price.
/rig
I imagine, if this had a loop it would sound very different. I compared my Soldano Hotrod Avenger to a non-fx loop Avenger, and the latter had more sustain, dynamics and neutrality.

Which makes me think I should, when I buy something like a Diezel Schmidt, replace my Hotrod Avenger with an Avenger or a Deliverance.

Confrabulations on your amp. That thing really is the shit.
Wow, great price for that amp! HNAD!

Quote by Seref
I like the Fryette logo And better to wave the Fryette flag than those bastards that jewed him out.

Please don't say that...

Quote by AngryGoldfish

Hey Goldfish, when did you become all green n' shit?
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
^ When ZanasCross stepped down from modding Song Writing and Lyrics. He has been so busy recently, they needed a replacement. And Carmel has stopped modding S&L as well, so it was basically just cubs in there alone.
I want cool colors in my name

Someone make me a GG&A mod - I see people every day on here who deserve the banhammer
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Seref
So you're not Carmelized anymore?
Oh no, I'll always be Carmelized as long as I have fishy as my avatar. She made it for me.

Quote by MatrixClaw

Someone make me a GG&A mod - I see people every day on here who deserve the banhammer
I'm not a mod of GG&A. I would of loved to of been, but this place is already covered really well, while Song Writing & Lyrics isn't. And that was my home when I first started posting early 2007.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I'm not a mod of GG&A. I would of loved to of been, but this place is already covered really well.

Obviously not, it took like 9 months for AM to get banned.

The system is flawed!!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

I SECOND THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE!
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
congrats
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice! Keep that amp, will be worth a ton when people want a VHT not a FRYETTE
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I imagine, if this had a loop it would sound very different. I compared my Soldano Hotrod Avenger to a non-fx loop Avenger, and the latter had more sustain, dynamics and neutrality.

Which makes me think I should, when I buy something like a Diezel Schmidt, replace my Hotrod Avenger with an Avenger or a Deliverance.

get your fx loop relayed. i had mine relayed. easy mod.
Quote by AcousticMirror
get your fx loop relayed. i had mine relayed. easy mod.
All well and good for someone who lives one hour away from five different amp techs. But when you live in Ireland where it's hard to find a professional guitar tech, let alone an amp tech.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for one, though. I'm thinking of selling my Avenger. It's definitely only in the 'thinking stage', but the idea of replacing it with an Einstein, VH4, Deliverance, Sig:X, or something similar is quite tempting.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Obviously not, it took like 9 months for AM to get banned.

The system is flawed!!!

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by AngryGoldfish
All well and good for someone who lives one hour away from five different amp techs. But when you live in Ireland where it's hard to find a professional guitar tech, let alone an amp tech.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for one, though. I'm thinking of selling my Avenger. It's definitely only in the 'thinking stage', but the idea of replacing it with an Einstein, VH4, Deliverance, Sig:X, or something similar is quite tempting.

The deli ain't band. I love mine. Doesn't hold a candle to the slo but does stand right up there with an hr avenger.

However, my buddy has a mercury magnetics avenger with a relayed loop that sounds amazing. I like my slo a lot better after I took the loop out. If you email mike and tell him that you are abroad and can't send your amp to the states to get worked on he'll send you schematics that you can take to any amp tech. It's a real easy mod. Just a switch on the fx send that bypasses that part of the circuit.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
It's definitely only in the 'thinking stage', but the idea of replacing it with an Einstein, VH4, Deliverance, Sig:X, or something similar is quite tempting.

What the eff?

Where's the Herbert?!?!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by SLonergan
Please don't say that...

Quote by SwampAshSpecial
I totally agree with you but I find this seriously offensive
*reported*

Honestly, as long as we're allowed to say "that's so gay" or "that's retarded" anything similar, I don't see why people shouldn't be allowed to say jewed or gypped or etc. It's the same concept, using a group title as a negative expression.

For the most part no one reports for the similar phrases, I don't see how one group is entitled to more respect than another.
Last edited by Seref at Sep 28, 2010,
HNAD! That's a great amp for an EXCEPTIONAL deal.

For what it's worth, I'm Jewish and I'm not particularly offended by Seref's post. It's a joke about stereotypes, he's not equating immoral corporate behavior to across-the-board Jewish immorality as far as I can tell.

However, your argument is a little bit flawed. The reason gypped is more acceptable is because gypsies actually do feel entitled to the belongings of those in their community and surroundings as part of their culture. The terms "gay" and "retarded" have essentially undergone a change in meaning, and there is really no cognitive connection between being homosexual and being stupid or illogical anymore. Basically, words change meaning, but certain ones have not (yet) and should be avoided as such.

Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Page 1 of 2