Page 1 of 8
Whats the liberal approach on immigration? Is it to accommodate immigrants as much as they can, even illegal ones?
Smoke some weed, accept some immigrants.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It's more of weed out the bad ones, and allow gradual assimilation into the culture.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Yes. Here in California we have some bullshit program where illegal immigrants get free-ride scholarships to state schools. Meanwhile, lifetime residents of the state have to get loans or work hard for scholarships. Or so I've heard.

Also, lefties seem to think it's wrong to expect them to learn English; rather, the whole US should be multilingual to accommodate immigrants.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Sep 27, 2010,
Define "liberal" and the country you're applying it too.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
In this post I claim this guy is trolling
Quote by rgrockr
Yes. Here in California we have some bullshit program where illegal immigrants get free-ride scholarships to state schools. Meanwhile, lifetime residents of the state have to get loans or work hard for scholarships. Or so I've heard.

Also, lefties seem to think it's wrong to expect them to learn English; rather, the whole US should be multilingual to accommodate immigrants.

Wrong thread
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Must... Resist... Urge... to start a shit-storm!
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
If you're talking the US, the current Liberal approach is to grant every damn illegal immigrant amnesty. The dems hope they can pass that (research the immigration bills Obama's proposed), and get tons more voters. Of course, it doesn't look like it's working so far...

Quote by damian_91
In this post I claim this guy is trolling

Wrong thread
I claim that you're trolling. That's actually how it is in some states.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 27, 2010,
Quote by Steel8909
Ok how would the radical and conservative approach differ from each other?

They don't

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I really really really hope you don't think all 'liberals' think the same thing, and you want to know what that is so you can conform to the 'liberal' viewpoint, or so you know what generalisations to make when attacking liberals and defending your own retarded point of view.
Quote by Steel8909

You think liberals are radicals?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Steel8909

I think what you mean is the "radical" and "moderate" approach. Basically, the radical approach is to grant them all amnesty and give them a status above the average citizen (exaggeration, but still...). The moderate approach is to ease up on the requirements to become a citizen and to expedite the process.
Quote by rgrockr
I think what you mean is the "radical" and "moderate" approach. Basically, the radical approach is to grant them all amnesty and give them a status above the average citizen (exaggeration, but still...). The moderate approach is to ease up on the requirements to become a citizen and to expedite the process.

Citation needed.

And you've forgotten the Teabag approach, which is to deport em all and build a wall.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I think we should round 'em all up and put them in camps where we force 'em to make sneakers or something.
Quote by rgrockr

Technically speaking, there is no national language in the US, and the official language is de facto, technically not exactly legal. Personally I'd like it if they spoke English, but they're not really required to in the US. It just makes sense is all.

Anyway, personally, my stance, which I think is the liberal stance on the issue, is that they're here, deporting them costs tax money, and they're just going to try again after they get home, in which case they'll either die or tax the system again. Is it wrong? Yes, but unavoidable unless we either kill them or seal off the US-Mexico border I believe, neither of which are exactly good, to put it lightly.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by SteveHouse
Citation needed.

And you've forgotten the Teabag approach, which is to deport em all and build a wall.

It was an exaggeration. I was referring to the various scholarship and welfare programs, as well as other perks, that they seem to want. And the "Teabag" approach is the radical right-wing solution. I was only describing a few left-wing positions. The moderate right wing viewpoint is simply to beef up border security and start enforcing existing immigration laws. Then, like you so nicely put it, the radical right wing solution is to round 'em up and deport them.
Quote by rgrockr
It was an exaggeration. I was referring to the various scholarship and welfare programs, as well as other perks, that they seem to want.

I have a twelve-inch Johnson and five million dollars, and Obama talks to me before he signs anything (a lie, but still...).

Poor people want/need those things. Illegal immigrants are poor. I fail to see how that makes them special for wanting those things. Get legal first, yeah, but how does that make them special?

I also find it strange that you think we aren't enforcing current immigration laws... I dunno how the world works where you live, but I live in a state with no foreign borders and some of the toughest immigration laws on the books. The idea of immigration laws just being ignored is a bit alien to me. Halp?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Last edited by SteveHouse at Sep 27, 2010,
Quote by neidnarb11890
Let them in & give them our jobs, minus taxes and allow them to vote for more democrats.

fixed...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by SteveHouse
I have a twelve-inch Johnson and five million dollars, and Obama talks to me before he signs anything (a lie, but still...).

Poor people want/need those things. Illegal immigrants are poor. I fail to see how that makes them special for wanting those things. Get legal first, yeah, but how does that make them special?

Well, like the scholarship program that gives full ride scholarships to illegals. I would love to get a hold of that, but I guess states don't give a shit about lifetime residents, only the n00b citizens.
Quote by joshua029
fixed...

Oh, this guy's back
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by SteveHouse
I have a twelve-inch Johnson and five million dollars, and Obama talks to me before he signs anything (a lie, but still...)

Steve, we've been over this. Keep pretending to be me and I will bitchslap you to hell.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Steel8909
Whats the liberal approach on immigration? Is it to accommodate immigrants as much as they can, even illegal ones?

yep. sounds ****in stupid right? if we just let all the illegals into our country to escape their shit hole countries it will turn our country into a shit hole...
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by vanhailin
yep. sounds ****in stupid right? if we just let all the illegals into our country to escape their shit hole countries it will turn our country into a shit hole...
"Hurr durr I'm a xenophobic fuckwad."
Quote by vanhailin

Their countries are a "shit hole" because of you, like it or not. Also, what he said ^.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
I'm leniant on illegals as long as they are hard working and don't break laws (other than the ones they broke by being here). They shouldn't get certain types of benefits that they get though before one of our citizens who need them though
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by guitarhero_764
"Hurr durr I'm a xenophobic fuckwad."

Actually he does have a valid point in there somewhere. In an ideal world there would be no such thing as a country and we'd all live together in harmony and hapiness. Sadly, countries do exist and if people were just allowed to flood into whichever country they liked it would cause all kinds of chaos to the processes that maintain the country.
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by damian_91
Their countries are a "shit hole" because of you, like it or not. Also, what he said ^.

While I'll agree with "what he said" I'll disagree with the shitholes being our fault.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by vanhailin

He's right, just look at what happened in america when the native americans opened up their borders a few hundred years ago.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Alive@myfuneral
Actually he does have a valid point in there somewhere. In an ideal world there would be no such thing as a country and we'd all live together in harmony and hapiness. Sadly, countries do exist and if people were just allowed to flood into whichever country they liked it would cause all kinds of chaos to the processes that maintain the country.
The reason they "flood" into our country is because we allow corporations/businesses to pay them abysmal wages for their labor. If we make them be treated fairly the demand for their labor would go down and everything works out.
Quote by vanhailin

This. Because my great-grandfather did not travel across 4,000 miles of the Atlantic ocean to see this country overrun by immigrants. He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland.
Quote by iro-bot31
This. Because my great-grandfather did not travel across 4,000 miles of the Atlantic ocean to see this country overrun by immigrants. He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland.

Can I get your autograph Mr. Colbert?
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by joshua029
fixed...

THAT'S RIGHT.... They took er' jobs!!
DO YOU LIEK ME???

cause i dont like you

Quote by Floods_Solo
Lol. If insomniac's were called something less cool like "cock lords" or something I bet there would be significantly less people claiming to be it.
The process of becoming a citizen is probably such a headfuck. I have 2 distant cousins (they're brothers) who have lived in this country since they were babies. All their memories are here, all their family are here. This country is their home. Yet, they're illegal. They've been trying to get legal residence forever. I don't know the details of their situation but it's definitely ****ed up.