I want to use more repeating licks in my solos to feel some time between the improv, is there a site or GP file with some repeating pentatonic licks or something similar? I'm just talking like repeat 15-12 pull off on the B and bend 14 on G kind of stuff.
Try using pentatonic scales. Most repeating licks use the box method to create those licks you're talking about.
Same here. . . I'd also like to get my hands on a PDF with loads of licks. Really trying to practice improvising in the minor pent. at the minute and it'd be a great help.
Look up freebird. I think it uses every repeatable lick known to man in the solo
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88
Look up freebird. I think it uses every repeatable lick known to man in the solo

Definitely
1 - Take a lick
2 - Take your favourite beat of this lick
3 - Repeat it.

Well done, you now have a repeating lick.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i love how people are just like "write a lick" whenever anyone asks a question like this, you know instead of being helpful (apparently it's just that easy for them, you know as soon as they learned theory they were able to come up with every lick imaginable, all the things they use are totally original and they never used anyone else's licks for inspiration )....

i wish i knew the answer, since I've been looking for the same thing.... my guitar teacher had given me a bunch of licks like that before I stopped taking lessons, so I can learn more about writing lead licks, but I can't find it......
Quote by krypticguitar87
i love how people are just like "write a lick" whenever anyone asks a question like this, you know instead of being helpful (apparently it's just that easy for them, you know as soon as they learned theory they were able to come up with every lick imaginable, all the things they use are totally original and they never used anyone else's licks for inspiration )....

i wish i knew the answer, since I've been looking for the same thing.... my guitar teacher had given me a bunch of licks like that before I stopped taking lessons, so I can learn more about writing lead licks, but I can't find it......

No one is claiming they can conjure up an awesome lick in a second. It's that once you get familiar with your minor pentatonics it because quite easier to create these "repeating licks" that we are discussing.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
"Can't improv yet? Don't know what to play next? Use filler!" - The More Notes Is Better School of Improv: Repeating Licks Technique.
Quote by Funk Monk
No one is claiming they can conjure up an awesome lick in a second. It's that once you get familiar with your minor pentatonics it because quite easier to create these "repeating licks" that we are discussing.

I'm not saying that it doesn't become easier, but I've seen several people ask for examples ( which I can totally understand because I know that when I first got to know pentatonics i needed more than one example to practice transposing things to different keys before it actually started to help) and most of the help they get is "write your own"...
for some people it is easier to learn how to write by learning someone elses licks first, and being told to write your own lick doesn't help....
that was the point I'm trying to make......
not every one can just say hey I'm gonna write a six string sweeping lick, with out learning a few examples first.....
I'm mean examples can help alot, especially when it comes to phrasing..... if you have six examples and transpose them all to the same key and work with them, mixing and matching them in as many ways as you possibly can then you can more easily establish your own licks, with out just blatantly ripping people off..... on the other hand if you are only given one lick then that is your only go-to lick and everytime you get stumped your going back to the same thing.....