So on my strat, I prefer higher gauge strings, but the only problem is the bridge gets so high I don't have much room for the tremolo bar. I'm fairly new to guitars, so how would I lower the bridge? Thanks.
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
You need to tighten the springs on the back of the guitar to accommodate the larger gauge strings. The springs need to be tighter. I couldn't imagine how high your action must be right now.

That's how you would go about lowering it.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
All right, thanks. I've never bothered to take off the back cover of it anyways.

My action isn't too high, it's pretty low imo. I'm using regular Slinkies at the moment and it's normal, I just like the tone of high gauge strings
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
Well loosen your strings before you tighten the springs.

Turn each screw a couple times to tighten up the springs than re-tune. If the bridge is still lifting after you tune, You need to tighten the springs a little more.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
Well loosen your strings before you tighten the springs.

Turn each screw a couple times to tighten up the springs than re-tune. If the bridge is still lifting after you tune, You need to tighten the springs a little more.

I'll be sure to do that once I buy some new strings. I live right next to a Guitar Center
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth