I've been taking a lot of interest in old blues and rockabilly, and some old country, and I was wondering what some good effects are to get all the aspects I need for that kinda sound. I'm buying an Epi WildKat pretty soon, and I play a '59 Bassman LTD.

I know I need a decent reverb, but what else might I need to get the bare basics of that kinda tone?
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Way Huge Aqua Puss analog delay, set to a short delay time for slap back. Also get a compressor, and something like a boss blues driver as a small treble clean boost.
If it's creative, true to your musical goal, and it sounds good, put it in the song.

1. Guitar, delay, verb, amp, and creativity.
2. Well-tuned acoustic piano and creativity.
3. A bottle of water.
I think a compressor would be a good thing to have for this kinda tone, and maybe a delay with a good slapback sound (meaning low repeats, and very fast time).
What's your budget?

like the other guys said, slapback delay (preferably analog), a compressor and some sort of drive would be nice. in order of necessity, i'd put it Echo, reverb, compressor then drive.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I already have a Boss SD-1. I keep the drive down and the tone at noon and use the volume to boost my amp.

Uhm, to keep it reasonable, let's say my budget is $200

Ok, pick up a Way Huge Aqua Pussy and a Boss FRV-1 or anEHX Nano Holy Grail 'verb. save up and get a nice compressor farther down the line, maybe a Keeley if you're patient.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I had a Mod Tone Delay and basically it was built for slapback and thats about it (just kidding, but you could hardly escape the rockabilly sounds) so I would suggest that only because I played it and I know it would get you there.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by Jhachey22
Ok, pick up a Way Huge Aqua Pussy and a Boss FRV-1 or anEHX Nano Holy Grail 'verb. save up and get a nice compressor farther down the line, maybe a Keeley if you're patient.

Awesome. Thanks man

I'd love to be able to buy the Tube Reverb from Fender, but it's waaaaay too friggin' expensive

Quote by LoudLove5150
Awesome. Thanks man

I'd love to be able to buy the Tube Reverb from Fender, but it's waaaaay too friggin' expensive

It's why boss made the pedal, dude
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
It's why boss made the pedal, dude

Oh, that's the COSM modeling pedal okay, I remember that one.

A tubescreamer TS9 or 808 the malekko spring chicklet is a killer spring reverb....