Page 1 of 2
I was lookin at bugeras website and came across what they call a trirec

http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/TRIREC.aspx

a clone of the triple recto? i think so.

but to the point has anyone played this? if so does it sound like a real recto?

I have high expectations for this amp, i have a 333xl and its definately a dankn amp for the price. A recto tho is probally my dream amp, but i dont have the 1500+ to buy one and if this trirec is close to like the recto id definately get rid of the 333xl and get one, snie i dont even use all 3 channels.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
I think it's actually a Dual Recto clone, and I don't think they're out yet.

Someone put clips of a prototype up last week, but I have dial-up so I didn't want to take the time to wait for them to download etc.

Searchbar is your friend.
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
You act like having three channels on your 333 is overkill....have you seen all the knobs on this thing?

But yeah thats what it is, I still have yet to see one or hear one, but it'd be cool to hear from an owner.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
They are not for sale in the U.S or Canada.
From Bugeras website:
This product is currently not available for sale in the United States and Canada pending verification of compliance with applicable technical standards and regulations.

In other words Don't copy Mesa.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
lol. i didnt even see that they werent aviliable in the us yet, i guess it must be hella close to the recto then. And its not a bad thing on that the 333xl has 3 channels...just an excuse to get new gear...lol.

never heard of the magician.
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Quote by boxcarmonument

No, that means they haven't got the paperwork cleared yet. It says this every time Bugera is working to get a new amp ready for the market.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by sonic_777111
No, that means they haven't got the paperwork cleared yet. It says this every time Bugera is working to get a new amp ready for the market.

gotcha
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Chances are, it'll sound decent for the money, but it won't sound quite as good as the amp it's supposed to sound like, just like all the other Bugeras.

That's if Mesa don't sue them or whatever.

Dail-up internet? I didn't know that still existed.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by boxcarmonument
From Bugeras website:

This product is currently not available for sale in the United States and Canada pending verification of compliance with applicable technical standards and regulations.

In other words Don't copy Mesa.

more like, in other words, the trirec they were testing burned the testing facility to the ground...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by FuzzLove

It does, and that seems to be the reaction I get any time I say it.

Sorry if the clip was crap, I haven't heard it but I thought I'd give it a shot.
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
more like, in other words, the trirec they were testing burned the testing facility to the ground...

-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Quote by FuzzLove
Chances are, it'll sound decent for the money, but it won't sound quite as good as the amp it's supposed to sound like, just like all the other Bugeras.

That's if Mesa don't sue them or whatever.

As if they haven't heard about it by now

if there were any trademark infringements, they would've been sued as soon as it was conceived.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
yeah i mean if we've heard of it I'm guessing mesa has heard of it. Most bigger companies probably have a lawyer whose sole job is checking out bugera's/behringer's new products...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Oh good, so its up to Bugera quality standards and ready for production!

Kanthras: Can I get a ruling on this? I'm thinking at least 7.5 but maybe Dave should get some points for the set up... I'll leave that up to you.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
he needs to rate my post above your post too EDIT: hehe. Yeah I think i do need some points for the setup there, i kinda lobbed it up there for you
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
An old premise, made fresh with a new, original conclusion. Writer shows promise.

7/10.

Posts 15 and 16 aren't really jokes as much as sharp little quips, and as such will not be rated by the self-appointed Official Bugera Militia Joke-reviewer.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Last edited by Kanthras at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by Kanthras
An old premise, made fresh with a new, original conclusion. Writer shows promise.

7/10.

Posts 15 and 16 aren't really jokes as much as sharp little quips, and as such will not be rated by the self-appointed Official Bugera Militia Joke-reviewer.

Aw c'mon, I thought mine was pretty good.

Oh well, I'm just happy to have a definitive voice to tell me whether or not I should laugh at bugera trolling now. It was getting difficult to tell before.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Dave_Mc

I'd sig this but I don't have room...
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Quote by tubetime86
Aw c'mon, I thought mine was pretty good.

Oh well, I'm just happy to have a definitive voice to tell me whether or not I should laugh at bugera trolling now. It was getting difficult to tell before.
Sorry, tubetime, but not everyone has what it takes to troll.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Am I the only one who thinks it looks more like an Engl than a Mesa? I'm sure it's supposed to sound like the recto but still...
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Kanthras
Sorry, tubetime, but not everyone has what it takes to troll.

With the right critiques who knows, I could be trolling with the best of them in no time! I'll keep trying, please keep the feedback coming.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
With the right critiques who knows, I could be trolling with the best of them in no time! I'll keep trying, please keep the feedback coming.
Fair enough, but if you want to truly troll the **** out of UG, you need to go and study with sensei AcousticMirror.

As for critique, I'd say try to be more expansive and less obvious. I said it was a little quip, because it was a little quip. It was not a bad quip, per se, but it was not a joke/troll post. Also, the asking for a rating kind of gave it away.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
Fair enough, but if you want to truly troll the **** out of UG, you need to go and study with sensei AcousticMirror.

As for critique, I'd say try to be more expansive and less obvious. I said it was a little quip, because it was a little quip. It was not a bad quip, per se, but it was not a joke/troll post. Also, the asking for a rating kind of gave it away.

I tried to learn from AcousticMirror's ways, but then my car was reposessed and I was brought up on rape charges as a result.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I tried to learn from AcousticMirror's ways, but then my car was reposessed and I was brought up on rape charges as a result.

Well, you shouldn't take RL advice from him, just on trolling.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

^

Quote by Kanthras

7/10.

hehe, thanks

Quote by rocknrolldude43
I'd sig this but I don't have room...

thanks

Quote by FrustratedRocka
Am I the only one who thinks it looks more like an Engl than a Mesa? I'm sure it's supposed to sound like the recto but still...

oh yeah, those front bars are straight off a couple of engls. I'm sure other amp manufacturers have used them too, but I can't think of any offhand.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by FrustratedRocka

It would make my day if they put out some engls at a much lower price. Id scream like a little girl out of excitement.
Quote by Kanthras

Well, you shouldn't take RL advice from him, just on trolling.

she told me she was 16.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Used Mesa Dual Rectifier = cheaper than new Bugera Trirec
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by Unskathed

I wish.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Unskathed

In the states maybe. In the UK We're talking more single rectifier.

blahblahfireextinguisherblah
Quote by Unskathed
Used Mesa Dual Rectifier = cheaper than 2 new Bugera Trirecs.....maybe

Fixed
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by Vinson
Fixed

Er, unless used rectos sell for $1600, I think a used recto is about the same price if not a little bit less.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I so envy people living in the states... Not that I dont love my country, Finland. Just the prices. So I morelike envy the prices. New and used is way cheaper there. New Dual recto were talking bout 2,200e ish. Used, their lowest at 1,400e. Singles go used cheapest at 1,100e. I cant remember the expected price for the new TRIREC but I assume its around 800-900e. its cheaper obviously. And get one used? its perhaps 500e ish here.

Cheers
Jonathan
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh yeah, those front bars are straight off a couple of engls. I'm sure other amp manufacturers have used them too, but I can't think of any offhand.

They're from the Blackmore and Savage. And Randall has done some prison bars as well. I believe there might have been a Soldano or two with that grille a while back but I'm not sure.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by oneblackened
Er, unless used rectos sell for $1600, I think a used recto is about the same price if not a little bit less.

Last couple of times I looks around here, they were from $1000-$2000 though I think the guy asking $2k was a little crazy LOL! The $1k ones usually look pretty beat. I would expact to pay around $1400-$1600 for a very good unit.

Price for the Trirec...I've seen that at around $750
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
are you in the us vinson? I see dual recs, rectoverbs, tremoverbs for less then 1k all day.

I just passed up on two tremoverbs, a head for 800 and a 212 combo for 1000.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
are you in the us vinson? I see dual recs, rectoverbs, tremoverbs for less then 1k all day.

I just passed up on two tremoverbs, a head for 800 and a 212 combo for 1000.

my point exactly.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
dang. i live in louisiana and rectos never go for under 1000. not even singles. singles, rectoverbs, and tremoverbs go for 1000-13000. duals up to 14 and triples usually go for 12-1600. bleh. i want a recto so bad. it's my dream tone
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Page 1 of 2