Page 1 of 2
I've been seeing a lot of hate on the forums and comments on the articles against certain bands, artists, and even certain albums or songs.

So what did I do? I created this thread and am trying to see if there is an intelligent way to voice our opinions without blindly hating.

Rules:

- No blind flaming.

- You must post a GOOD reason why you dislike the song, album, or artist

- No arguing with other UG users on their opinions. YES, remember EVERYONE has their OWN OPINIONS.

- Maybe offer some constructive criticism of it?

For me, i currently dislike the band Bush. Why? Because after being one of my favorite bands, they reunite with only the singer and drummer left, and release a really bad pop song. In my opinion, they should have stayed disbanded.

Yes, this thread is most likely going to be closed after a couple of posts..

Last edited by metal4life34 at Sep 27, 2010,
I dont hate anyband
i just dont like the style of music they might play

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
This'll be good.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
this is going to be such a huge shitstorm I don't even think we'll be able to get out of here with our legs on
Dream Theatre, i just feel like they try to hard to be technical and i just cant get into them because of this... flame away
Queen.

What the fuck those aren't songs, they're chants. Its crap you'd chant in an arena during a hockey game.

Like really, terrible terrible "songs."
MATTERHORN
I guess i'll start off with Metallica. There you go...
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Eruption. The song/solo is just... awful. It hurts my ears to listen to it. The tone is atrocious and the riffs are played very sloppily.

Boom.
Muse ther boring lololol!

Seriously though my answer is and will always be N-Dubz.
I find Muse boring and I swear every Tool song sounds the same to me, and I don't see how Maynard is a talented singer, he sounds so monotone in most of their songs
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I've tried to listen to BTBAM. People worship them here yet I just can't get away with what they play.

Your a lover of prog and don't like BTBAM? Thats rare.
THALL
For some reason I really don't like Muse. Matt Bellamy's voice has a certain quality - like he's straining, throatily, to hit notes right in the middle of his range...

I also don't like Metallica, for a similar reason. Also because everybody worships them.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by housty

He's just being progressive

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Oh also Protest The Hero.

I have been trying to get into them lately put their singers whiny gay voice has put me completely off them even though I like the instrumental aspect of their music.
I hate all forms of metal (except maybe Heavy Metal), particularly because it isn't very easy on the ear and I don't see the fascination with it. I also hate whatever is in the charts.
Quote by maximumrocker
I dont hate anyband
i just dont like the style of music they might play

This, I dislike almost all Latin music (and I live in Chile, so I hear it everywhere >.< and today's Pop.
Quote by Duffman123
Oh also Protest The Hero.

I have been trying to get into them lately put their singers whiny gay voice has put me completely off them even though I like the instrumental aspect of their music.

gay, maybe, but whiny? that dude's got pipes like a motherfucker.

what all PtH have you listened to?
Quote by housty

The vocals kill it for me. Dunno why but they just don't fit the songs at all IMO.
The latest Paramore album was pretty bad... it just sounded like it was put together at the last minute

Then again, the new Disturbed and Kanye West albums are fantastic.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Quote by btones
gay, maybe, but whiny? that dude's got pipes like a motherfucker.

what all PtH have you listened to?

I only have Kezia. Do they have other stuff were his voice isn't so....well gay?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Errrr....you might find I'm female.

My apologies, i assumed the Pit was a 'man zone'

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by Duffman123
Do they have other stuff were his voice isn't so....well gay?

Sadly (or not), no.
MATTERHORN
AC/DC, because I cannot stand whateverhisnameis's voice. And all their songs sound the same.

Dragonforce, because their lyrics are a joke and everyone I go to school with wants to fellate Herman Li. Also, see above.
Also, more recently, Muse. They've done some good songs, but the fanboys seem to fellate Matt Bellamy like he's God incarnate.
Lady GaGa. She's Overrated, generic pop musician who gets half of her attention for the way she dresses. Now everybody shut up about how amazing she is or give me a reason why she is so special.

Yeah, her songs are catchy, and I understand why people like her music, but I she is by no means the musical genius that people claim she is. Its just freaking dance pop music. That is the easiest genre to write for. Is not like her vocals are that impressive anyway.
Last edited by TMF128 at Sep 27, 2010,
The only things that comes to mind are fresh local bands in different areas, who have played three shows and act like everyone there loves them. Like my buddy's brother-in-law's band.

He excitedly announced when they went on that they would be changing the setlist after that night, and this would be the last time those songs were played.

Not a single fuck was given on that day.
Quote by Duffman123
I tired the link, the vocals are still a bit too gay for me.

*Turns off computer, leaves house, goes off to find another mathcore band*

I didn't know vocals could prefer men to women

but good luck on your search.
Quote by Duffman123
I tired the link, the vocals are still a bit too gay for me.

*Turns off computer, leaves house, goes off to find another mathcore band*

Its important to note that Rody (the PTH singer) is the first voice in Dirty Pillow Talk. The second voice is TFoT's own Tom Erak.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Alive@myfuneral
He's just being progressive

What is that supposed to mean?
THALL
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Also, more recently, Muse. They've done some good songs, but the fanboys seem to fellate Matt Bellamy like he's God incarnate.

....hypocrite?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
^lol

shes right about muse though. They've done some good stuff, but nothing on the level of amazing or godly
On the topic of Muse, I'm not a fan, I like a few of thier songs, but out of alot of the bands popular throughout 2000-2009, I'd have to pick them as one of my top favorite bands. But only out of those ten years.
dream theater. after six degrees and train of thought, it just kind of went down the drain if you ask me. there are some ok parts on octavarium, bcsl, and chaos, but its overall the music wasn't that great, and the lyrics were terrible. and mike portnoy leaving will either lead to the of dream theater or a beginning that could lead them in the right direction. you never know
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Page 1 of 2