I googled it, i searched the forum and i cant find anything about where the hell to put batterys in a les paul for actives. Im getting some sd blackouts ah1's and i dont know where to put the battery. i took off the cover for the pots and took a 9 volt and taped it in a few different places and it wont fit anywhere really, nowhere that i can see being able to mount it atleast. So is the a guide to installin actives in a les paul?? anywhere?? or has anyone done it (i know someone has) and would like to explain it??
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
You usually have to rout out a battery compartment...

...and by "usually", I mean, every guitar I've seen with Actives has a routed battery compartment.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
I just wrapped mine in some foam and put it in the control cavity with the volume/tone pots. It has been fine for 4 years haha
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
I found another forum discussing this very thing, and somebody had posted this picture. it was on this website if your curious

but they were also putting it in the controll cavity without cutting it too.

i cant see you having any problems finding a place to fit the battery concidering how i was able to fit 2 in my explorer control cavity
Gear:
Epiphone Explorer W/Emg 81/85
Crybaby 535Q
Peavey Vypyr 75 Watt W/ Sanpera II
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
MicroKorg
Takamine Egs-330Sc
Yamaha Yas-52
ok. im going to sound retarded if this right.
but you get all new pots with the pick ups? thats what im getting from the last picture the guy posted, i dont know how to post up the picture but i found it at that LP site http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/tonefreaks/100954-couple-questions-regarding-emg-pickups.html

if thats not right whats up with his pots mine definately do no look like that.
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
thats cause he has EMGs with that quick connect solderless mumbo jumbo

idk if blackouts come with pots and stuff, but I'm pretty sure they do..

edit: from the site:
Blackouts are available in individual neck and bridge models, or as a two-pickup set. All versions come with all necessary mounting hardware, including pots, jack, and a battery clip.

so yeah
Last edited by james4 at Sep 27, 2010,
Quote by OurRequiem
ok. im going to sound retarded if this right.
but you get all new pots with the pick ups? thats what im getting from the last picture the guy posted, i dont know how to post up the picture but i found it at that LP site http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/tonefreaks/100954-couple-questions-regarding-emg-pickups.html

if thats not right whats up with his pots mine definately do no look like that.

that site was discussing mainly emgs, they have a quick connect feature on some of the newer sets.

i believe the blackouts also come with a set of 25k pots but are all solder as far as i know.
Gear:
Epiphone Explorer W/Emg 81/85
Crybaby 535Q
Peavey Vypyr 75 Watt W/ Sanpera II
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
MicroKorg
Takamine Egs-330Sc
Yamaha Yas-52
When I put some EMGs into my Epi Sp. II (black) for a month or two, there wasn't any room for a battery, so I just got some neon orange duct tape and taped the cavity shut. It stayed, and eventually I took it off.

If you're looking for something a little more permanent, and you don't have room in your non-modified control cavity, you'll have to do some routing.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by KustumKyle
that site was discussing mainly emgs, they have a quick connect feature on some of the newer sets.

i believe the blackouts also come with a set of 25k pots but are all solder as far as i know.

The Blackouts use the same 3 prong dealie. I found this out when I swapped an 81 for a Blackout Metal. I also found out that the EMG 60 in neck position now sounds like a Fender single coil.
well im not worried about soldering. and yeah i figured out the blackouts come with pots. i was trying to get the battery to fit inside my lp cavity which looks like this http://roadstar.tauriini.fi/cavity1.jpg but thats probally already known. with the metal plate thing the pots are on.

this whole time i thought i had to wire the pick ups to the oringnal lp pots.

thanks for clearing that up for me

but seeing how the whole thing comes out i understand the saying "you can fit all the pots 2 batterys and a sandwhich in there" lol
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w