Just got a fat return check from financial aid for college, so I decided to splurge a little and update my rig. What could it be?

Some clues...

The ghetto cover I made using the box it came in :]

It's an Avatar 4x12!

Ze back:

And one more time with flash to really bring out the texture in the tolex!

And for the review.

Specs
Burgundy tolex
Oxblood grille
White piping
16 ohm stereo
4 Hellatone 60 speakers

For lack of a better word, this cab is the shit. The Hellatone 60s, for anyone that doesn't know, are stock Celestion Vintage 30s that are manually broken in by the guys at Avatar so they're sounding sweet right out of the box, which is exactly what they did. Back in January, my band went on tour, and we shared gear with the supporting act. I got to use an Orange cab for that tour, and with that experience, I can honestly say this cab sounds pretty much EXACTLY the same. It has essentially the same construction (wood, dimensions, etc), and the same speakers. The tone is absolutely crisp and driving, and sounds like an absolute beast with my JCM800 & Gibson LP running through it. Plus, at only ~$650 including shipping, it's a MUCH better deal than getting an Orange cab. The guys at Avatar were incredibly easy to work with, and accepted my request to have the Avatar logo in the center like on their Vintage cabinets rather than in the corner with no fuss at all. I ordered the cab last Monday, and it arrived at 7AM this morning. Couldn't have asked for anything better. I am in love with this cab, and will not need an upgrade for quite some time.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

Last edited by kschaef at Sep 27, 2010,
that looks awesome man!

HNCD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
SEXY!!! HNCD!
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I always think its funny when people put "(____ Content)" in the post title, and type their post like its a big mystery...especially in this case.

"New Cabinet Day! (Its An Avatar)"

WHAT COULD IT BE?!?!?

HNCD dude, it looks very sexy. Prettiest Avatar I've seen
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
I always think its funny when people put "(____ Content)" in the post title, and type their post like its a big mystery...especially in this case.

"New Cabinet Day! (Its An Avatar)"

WHAT COULD IT BE?!?!?

HNCD dude, it looks very sexy. Prettiest Avatar I've seen

Haha, so true. I noticed that in hindsight :/

But anyway, thanks for all the love, guys!

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

cools. hncd
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Omg. That is absolutely beautiful. I'm gonna be on the market for a new cab soon, a 2x12 version of that cab would be soooooooooo wonderful.
HNCD dude! I am jealous and I hope that cab lasts you many years and makes you very happy!
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

That is a really nice cab choice you have there. Awesome tolex. Beautiful set up. The Hellatones are a great choice too. I'd love to try my cab with Hellatones in it. Yeah, Dave and crew over at Avatar are great guys to work with.

HNCD

(we need a group shot)
Quote by Unskathed
Omg. That is absolutely beautiful. I'm gonna be on the market for a new cab soon, a 2x12 version of that cab would be soooooooooo wonderful.
HNCD dude! I am jealous and I hope that cab lasts you many years and makes you very happy!

Definitely, man. You want an Avatar. I highly recommend it!

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
That is a really nice cab choice you have there. Awesome tolex. Beautiful set up. The Hellatones are a great choice too. I'd love to try my cab with Hellatones in it. Yeah, Dave and crew over at Avatar are great guys to work with.

HNCD

(we need a group shot)

I love the Hellatones. What'd you get in yours?

Gear:

the lives to come

I actually said "Oh wow..." when the page loaded. That's quite the cab you've got there. I'd like to see how much it sticks out on stage.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I have wanted a 2x12 with burgundy/ox blood for some time. It looks so F'N good. HNCD!
/rig
Avatars kick ass... Mine was the best gear purchase I've made. Congrats.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Wow, that color looks awesome!

HNCD man - I might have to look into a 2x12 in that color, looks like stained wood, sweeeeet.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Wow, that color looks awesome!

HNCD man - I might have to look into a 2x12 in that color, looks like stained wood, sweeeeet.

Thanks, man! It does look a little like an Emperor cab in the last picture, but keep in mind the texture is only that obvious because I used a flash from like 3 feet away. The true colors aren't nearly as bright, unfortunately. :/

Gear:

the lives to come

Quote by kschaef
Thanks, man! It does look a little like an Emperor cab in the last picture, but keep in mind the texture is only that obvious because I used a flash from like 3 feet away. The true colors aren't nearly as bright, unfortunately. :/

Bummer, I'll have to see if Emperor can match that color (with the flash) in a stain.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com