How are these wah?

I found one for 50$

Are they good? Can i do better for the same price or little more?
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Buy it
Mod it
???
PROFIT

but seriously, at that price, with some decent mods, you can have a kickass wah for the price of a standard crybaby that'll crap all over it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
Buy it
Mod it
???
PROFIT

but seriously, at that price, with some decent mods, you can have a kickass wah for the price of a standard crybaby that'll crap all over it.

well i'm not too familiar with mods? would it be good just by it self?

Is it a versatile wah? :P

I mean i am not expecting it to get from jimi to zakk wylde or anything but yea... :P

What is the wah good for? Heavey metal? Blues? :P info please

how much is the wah mods? What does it excatly do?

(lol i was looking at your profile then i checked my thread and you just happen to respond haha.)
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
yea but i mean could i get more information? Like why i should get it?

I just want to know what i'm in for haha.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
actually i listen to some clips and it sounds really thin. I like a wah to have a really thick tone. something that will like completely take over my tone and make it go wah wah lol if that makes sense. Something like jimi's wah. How would that kind of wah do with high gain sound?

Any recommendations?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by Aashraya
well i'm not too familiar with mods? would it be good just by it self?

Modding a wah will take no more than an hour, if you really take your time. I modded mine without any prior experience. just go about it carefully and double check all your soldering jobs. it's a skill worth developping and Wahs are one of the easiest circuits to mod.

and FWIW, Dimbag used a Vox wah until he got his CFH signature from Dunlop.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The v847 is not thin at all, if it is you just need to readjust the pot to find the optimal sweep. Also, at least for my v847, they were actually manufactured by Dunlop...they are essentially the same thing as a Crybaby
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
i thought that crybaby's weren't that good of a wah? Oh and it must have just been the video quality then..

Well i mean i play in a indie band but a metal project is being started and i would probably play really high gain(not dimed but like parkway drive kind)

I just want a good range on the wah. I want the level to be evened out and not like really high if you move a cm but the rest sounds almost the same. Is the sweep on this wah big? I heard it wasn't that big. (by big i mean like the range)
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
If you don't feel like you could mod it yourself there are some guys around here that would probably do it for you.

But for the sake of continuity of this thread, what's your budget?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

well i have no budget at the moment as i have no idea how much good wah's go for. Lets say 100$ (i would probably go used) I want save as much money as i possibiliy can.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit