Poll: What would you rather lose?
Poll Options
View poll results: What would you rather lose?
both arms
5 4%
both legs
137 96%
Voters: 142.
Page 1 of 2
...both arms or both legs?

A couple of days ago, a bombing rocked one of the major universities here. Among the casualties was the friend of a friend and she ended up having both legs amputated.

It left me sad and shocked and wondering if there's anywhere safe in this world and how I'd feel if it happened to me or one of my loved ones.

You can treat it as a silly poll if you want. I was just wondering anyway.
Legs. So I can still play guitar.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Arms. It would obviously suck... but I broke my foot last year and not being able to walk is the worst thing in the world...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
i use my arms alot more thna my legs
and then id get a cool wheel chair have all the bitches riding around with me
Legs.

Not being able to walk would suck, but not being able to do everything else would suck harder.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Wait.... where do you live TS? Where was this bombing?

Plus, legs. Guitar, dressing myself, feeding my self, doing things to my self, typing and whatever else can't be done with legs.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by rgrockr

Legs, so I can still play with something else......
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Quote by rgrockr

and fap.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
That's a toughy.

I do a lot of running and bike riding. I live up on the top floor of my building and like the view too much to get a ground floor place. Broke both my legs a while back and I was stuck in a wheelchair for what seemed like years and I hated looking straight ahead...into crotches and butts.

On the flip side, I work with computers and if I lost my arms, I'd be out of a job. I'd need help to do the most basic of things, eat my dinner, play guitar, use a computer, write. I'd lose the pleasure of every guys favorite past time.

I'd miss being over 6 feet tall but I'd much rather be able to have a job and pay my rent rather than stay at home going insane from an itchy nose I can't scratch.

For me, I'm picking legs.
If it ain't broke, I'll break it
Legs. Prosthetic left arm can't play guitar.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Legs. Prosthetic legs have gone an immense length in recent years due to the common loss of them in the middle-east, to the point if you're smart with it and have had a year or two to get used to using it, it's virtually unnoticeable in its hindrance. Prosthetic arms are still developing.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Legs because I like wiping my own ass.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
horrible to think about, but probably legs.

If you're lucky, you can still use prosthetics that will allow you to get most of your daily movement accomplished without help. Without arms though, you can't do anything.

Even if you're an athlete, these exist:

you will still be able to run.

EDIT: also, whoever mentioned the inability to wipe your ass without arms... that's a ****ing good point. You'd have to be nuts to choose to keep legs instead of arms. Years ago, either was a death sentence, in the modern day though, it's totally possible for someone to lead a reality great life without legs. Terry for was missing a leg and he ran across canada on a primitive 1980 era prosthetic. Arms is a totally different matter. you are truly crippled without arms.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 28, 2010,
Definitely legs. I need my arms and hands for playing video games, using the remote, eating, drinking, whacking off, etc.
Not being able to walk > Not being able to do shit.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I vote for my third leg. As i need my legs for the bass pedal during drums and my arms for guitar
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
without legs, you can use a wheelchair to get around. more difficult, but possible.

without arms, you can no longer manipulate objects, which is what evolution has made our most important ability.

So yeah, chop of my legs but FOR GOD SAKES dont take my hands!
Quote by CoreysMonster
without legs, you can use a wheelchair to get around. more difficult, but possible.

without arms, you can no longer manipulate objects, which is what evolution has made our most important ability.

So yeah, chop of my legs but FOR GOD SAKES dont take my hands!

I agree with the first part, you'd still be able to get around, but otherwise, this thread reminded me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vem_bHsxL40

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
To all those who say life without arms would suck, this woman wants a word: http://wickedreport.com/25-years-old-girl-without-arms-got-sport-pilot-certificate-inspirational-story/

She was born without arms and got a pilot's licence, learnt to write with her feet and even applies make-up with her feet. ]

And to answer the question, I'd lose my legs, then find someway to drum Neil Peart-style with prosthetics.
LEGS. I'd feel entirely powerless without arms.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Legs. I could then still play guitar. I play tennis and golf a lot. I could still do those in a wheelchair.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
To all those who say life without arms would suck, this woman wants a word: http://wickedreport.com/25-years-old-girl-without-arms-got-sport-pilot-certificate-inspirational-story/

She was born without arms and got a pilot's licence, learnt to write with her feet and even applies make-up with her feet. ]

And to answer the question, I'd lose my legs, then find someway to drum Neil Peart-style with prosthetics.

there's a big difference between being born without something and learning to cope with it from the very beginning of your life, than spending 21 years learning how to live your life a certain way and then having the most important limbs of your body removed.

People like that have incredible dexterity with their feet and toes, because they've been developing the skills for that since infancy. Someone losing their arms as an adult would take decades developing the same skills those people have.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 28, 2010,
I'm not sure. I could use my arms more and not having arms would be a bigger bitch, but my name is Dan and losing both legs would cause so many Forrest Gump references I'd blow my brains out.
3rd option: Be dead.

I'd as hell not want to live without both arms or both legs.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Legs. I'm even pretty into fitness and I'd miss my arms way more. No guitar, no video games, no hugs :'(, couldn't hold a woman in your arms... absolutely no independence. Mechanical arms can only do so much. Our hands are so complex in what they're able to do while mechanical legs don't really lose all that much. Some people can run with them. Try seeing somebody with mechanical arms/hands play guitar x.x
legs, i can go through my life without ever stubing my toe
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Legs, it'll suck hard to lose one's leg, but think about everything one does it one's arms.
Page 1 of 2