Page 1 of 3
So lately I've been having random waves of paranoia about randomly dying young. It's not so much the dying part but more so the dying without getting a chance to live out my life. I've had quite a few closes calls from driving up to almost having my appendix burst on me before going into surgery for it. I'm sure this will pass but its made me want to change my eating/exercise habits(which is really shitty to be honest at the moment) and just generally be more careful with what I do.

So whats your take on this and do any of you share these thoughts?
I mean, I don't want to die young, but I reckon if I die it's not like I can very well be all like "oh man, I'm dead. Wow I'm pretty bummed out that I didn't get to live out my life." But yeah, I try not to die.
I no longer fear death. I mean, it's gonna happen sometime anyway.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Just don't want my family to feel sad if i die
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
About a year ago I drove drunk and woke up in my car parked outside my house on a weird angle with half the car still on the road.

Since it was in Thailand it wasn't that illegal but the illegality is not at all what concerned me. It really scared the shit out of me and gave me trouble sleeping for the next few months. I could've killed my self and many other people. Now I will never get in a car drunk, knowing how little control you have while drunk and I understand how easy it is to get in a car drunk thinking "it will be fine" but please don't ever do it.
I am not afraid to die. I just don't want it to happen to me.
Quote by SOADrox429
Dude... I want to date a drum major. I bet they could fuck in time to Tool.
"Live fast, die young, and leave a good-looking corpse." - James Dean
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
I try to stay as happy as i can, that way if i was to die i would die happily.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
OP, sort of. Since I'm less than 2 months away from the best summer of my life I would hate to die or worse, be crippled in the next few months.
Quote by Trogdor1324
So lately I've been having random waves of paranoia about randomly dying young. It's not so much the dying part but more so the dying without getting a chance to live out my life. I've had quite a few closes calls from driving up to almost having my appendix burst on me before going into surgery for it. I'm sure this will pass but its made me want to change my eating/exercise habits(which is really shitty to be honest at the moment) and just generally be more careful with what I do.

So whats your take on this and do any of you share these thoughts?

dont worry i got that too. theres times where i feel like im going to die to the point were im afraid of death itself. like i feel like i got cancer or a std or something wrong that will kill me and i dont know it. im more afraid of dying young then anything else i guess.

i dont really have a take on it besides its hard to deal with sometimes
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Last edited by k-train at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by slayer_zero
Just don't want my family to feel sad if i die

That is the most evil thing you want to do. Of course they will be sad if you died.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
"Live fast, die young, and leave a good-looking corpse." - James Dean

+1

ill quote the man quoting the man who said it best.
Nah, but I fear drying young.

I wanna be wet n' wild up into my 90s.
I am definately afraid, but more than that I would be very pissed. "Really? NOW? Fuck! God DAMN IT!"

my last breath would probably be "FUUUUUUUUUUU-"
Quote by Guitar Sushi
About a year ago I drove drunk and woke up in my car parked outside my house on a weird angle with half the car still on the road.

Since it was in Thailand it wasn't that illegal but the illegality is not at all what concerned me. It really scared the shit out of me and gave me trouble sleeping for the next few months. I could've killed my self and many other people. Now I will never get in a car drunk, knowing how little control you have while drunk and I understand how easy it is to get in a car drunk thinking "it will be fine" but please don't ever do it.

I wish more people thought like you.
Nah, not really. Been in a couple situations where dying was a fairly real possibility in the last year or so and didn't think too much of it. I almost got hit by a car today, too. lulz.
As a Christian I believe that death is pretty much just the beginning of a life that I can't even comprehend right now (if you hate Christians you can go talk about how stupid we are in the religion thread, or feel free to PM me/comment on my profile). So I have no fear of the concept of death itself... however I'd like it if it wasn't overly gory/scary/slow.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by Sakke
That is the most evil thing you want to do. Of course they will be sad if you died.

Yes, that is the point. I don't want to die young because i don't want my family to feel sad.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
im not worried. If it happens, it was meant to, and i couldnt have changed it, so it's all good.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
I can't recall who said it or if it's exact, but I always loved the quote, "Those who fear death have no right to live". I know you've said you don't actually fear dying, just you have a fear of what your legacy will be or lack of one. Funny how we think of dying and the biggest thing we want to know is how people will remember us. I think it's a fairly valid point, although you need to just go out there and live. Make your impact, this isn't a carbon footprrint. It's your legacy so go sieze the day man!

Oh, and James Dean quote doesn't work so well considering he had a motorcycle accident and didn't leave a good looking corpse behind, lol.
I'd prefer to die young rather than die how my grandparents are.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I"m not afraid of dying young, it is dying at a old age that scares me. I don't want my body to deteriorate to the point where I couldn't do the things I love anymore. I don't care about my physical appearance changing, I don't want to get a bunch of plastic surgeries or do those anti aging cream things. I just want to keep going at the pace I am now for ever. I guess that is why I would prefer to die young.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
I dont fear death.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Worrying about shit you can't control is too stressful.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Not really death since I won't feel a thing or have any kind of consciousness. What haunts my mind is being crippled for life, being it physically or mentally, or what would happen to my family if I died.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Nelsean
Worrying about shit you can't control is too stressful.

Definitely. I just never think about it. I just try to go day to day enjoying as many things as possible. I wouldn't say I'm afraid of it though. I mean, you'll be dead. You won't be able to worry about anything since you won't be conscience.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Not fussed about dying to be truthful. I don't spend my time filling my days with happy moments so I can have some sense of achievment when I die, because corpses don't care anyway. Besides, maybe three people in the world would miss me
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Dawginator
im not worried. If it happens, it was meant to, and i couldnt have changed it, so it's all good.

Exactly
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'd kill myself if I died Young.

and for the OP: No i dont fear if i would die young, honestly I'd prefer that than living long. Just saying.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
No I don't.

I'd probably end up having a heartattack stressing about this....involuntary suicide is not a good thing
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I do, the other year I was having panic attacks left, right and centre, but this year I seem to be alright and I don't panic as much.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I'm more concerned about other people I know dying young. If I shuffle off this mortal coil next week, at least I don't have to live with it.
Yes. Well, dying more than anything.

I think about it constantly and will probably go totally insane soon.
I'm not really afraid of it. I struggled with it for a while early on, but lately I don't fear it. I would prefer dying "young" to living to be 110 years old, falling apart, full of hardware and strapped to machines just to continue my "life". I'd rather go out before my time in a blaze of glory than live for decades with pain and sickness. If I could get old without most of the stuff that goes with it, that would be good but I'm not counting on it.
Page 1 of 3